Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I am new here and I am the proud owner of an 11 year old Boston Terier named Bud(Budweiser) and  Fawn Boxer 3 years old named Peaches. I previously had a Brindle Boxer Mickey(Michelob). She died at age 6 to fibrois sarcoma, she had a mass in her mouth, that was malignant. She had surgery to remove it, and also chemo and radiation to no avail. The mass came back at a fast rate and she died within a year. She will be gone 3 years this coming Thanksgiving but not a day goes by that she is not thought of. We adopted Peaches a few months before Mickey died. Peaches only knew a crate life. The man that bought her, saw her at a pet store and bought her, not knowing the care/time taht goes into a Boxer. Needless to say, Peaches was left in a crate all day, only got let out to go potty and eat. The owner decided to give her up so we opted to adopt her, bring her into out home that is full of love, hugs, caring, companionship, lots of attention, running free in the house and spoiled rotton  :p ..  Oh, I forgot a "bedhog" as well   :wink:

My Boston is becoming an old man. He is grumpy, and prefers to be left alone basking in the sun and begging for food and enjoys' blowing us out of the room he is in... Need I say more...  :lol:
I grew up with Boston's as did my parents and grandparents and there will always be a special place in my heart for Boston's.

I will post some pictures of my "furkids" when I figure out how to here so be looking   :thumbup:

Is there a chat room here?

Diane

·
Registered
663 Posts
Welcome and I am looking forward to pics of your babies.  There is a chat room link on the home page.  Don't know if anybody ever uses it or not though.

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
Hello and Welcome!!

You'll love it here!! Looking forward to pics of the furkids!! Sorry to hear about Peaches... that's such a tough thing to go through.

Yes there is a chat room... and it is used quite often! :) I was just in there yesterday!!

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
Hi and welcome to you and your fur babies.  We will all look forward to seeing pictures and hearing more about you and your babies.  I am sorry to hear about your loss, but so glad Peaches found her way into your home.

·
Registered
4,661 Posts
Hello and Welcome from Texas! i am sorry to hear about the loss of Mickey, but so glad that you gave another boxer a new home filled with love. Our babies dont ask for much :) i cant wait to see the pics, and the forum is used often.

·
Registered
5,692 Posts
hey welcome from hawaii but native cape codder...looking forward to pics...

welcome welcome...:)

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
Welcome!  :)

·
Registered
526 Posts
welcome from another Texan! We just bought a male puppy and named him Patch. Anxious to see pics!

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Greetings from my gang in Bama!!! Glad you joined us and look forward to hearing more about Peaches & Bud. Very sorry for the loss of Mickey, I have no doubt that he is missed. You did an awesome thing rescuing Peaches, what an awful life she had, but not any more! Lol....We have a chat room, that we have been kinda letting sit idle, we were just talking about getting it back up and kicking like it was....

·
Registered
578 Posts
We had a boston, Elvis and my boyfriend's parents , who live next door, have a Boston named Bella. They are awsome awsome dogs.

·
Registered
1 Posts
:D Hello Everyone...I just joined.... .I am from Massachusetts (Holbrook). I have a 10 month old brindle girl. I will post photos as soon as I figure it out.  :oops:

·
Registered
627 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forums!!!  Can't wait to see pictures of your babies!!!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts