Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

I am from Miami, FL Kendall area and I just became a Mommy to my beautiful boxer puppy Cato (Kay-to) yesterday. This is my first boxer ever, and I know he is going to be a lovely dog.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Welcome to the forum.  Did you get any health warranty with cato?  If so submit the bill to the pet store.  Please realize that by buying from a pet store you are supporting puppy mills and backyard breeders!!!  Reputable breeders breed to better the breed not to make money.  They spend big bucks of proper health/genetic testing to reduce the chance of health probems.  The price you will pay is probably less than you paid from the petstore.  Sorry if I offended you but this is the truth.  Please post some pics of cato.

Scott

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Tysonsdad,

I totally agree with you now. I saw him and I fell in love and couldn't leave him there. I thought about sending the bill to the pet store, but he is just going to fight with me about it, and truthfully I don't even want to think about it and just move on. I know I'm crazy.

I will definitly post some pictures tomorrow.

Thanks again.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Is cato a brindle or a fawn?

Scott

·
Registered
220 Posts
My female Sophie is a Flashy Fawn, Tyson my male is a Brindle, and Emma (pup) is a Flashy Brindle.

Scott

·
Registered
6,026 Posts
Howdy from Texas and welcome! :D
We got our Henry from an animal shelter when he was 14 weeks old or so.
He was fine the first few days, then boy did he get sick!  Oh it scared me to death!
Hope Cato feels better soon!  I like that you named him after the football player.  There is another guy on here who is called Bucs Fan!
Go Bucks! :lol:
Seriously, I'm a Cowboys fan, but still like the Bucs! :wink:

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Welcome to the forum and I am very sorry about your rough start with Cato..We have another member on here that also purchased from a pet store and had a very tough beginning as well....Scott summed it up well, Buying from pet stores just keeps the puppy mills in business...Every time I saw puppies & kittens in a pet store it just makes the hair on my neck stand up. Read the Sticky topic I wrote  regarding puppy mills & BYB's(back yard breeders and some of our members stories and it will break your heart.....

Look forward to seeing some pics or your little boy & welcome again... :)

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
Welcome to the forum, can't wait to see pictures of your Cato.  Hope he is doing better and doesn't come down with anything else.

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
Welcome to the forum :lol: Sorry Cato is off to a rough start, at the very least I'd give that pet store a piece off my mind :evil: Hope Cato is feeling better soon, looking forward to pics!

·
Registered
4,661 Posts
Hello and Welcome! be very careful about the ringworm. I had rescued a cat one time with it and my daughter apparrently (we didint know at the time) was VERY suseptiable (sp??) to it. it took us MONTHS and a few different bottles of medicine to get rid of it. Luckily its just you, but remember he can give it to you or your cat, even your bf. Though i am sure the vet told you all this :D cant wait to see pics of Cato...there is a thread under announcements that will detail how to post pics here if you have any issues with that.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hi everyone,

Thank you so much for the welcomes. I am kind of scared about the ring worm. I washed my hands over and over again, and I told my boyfriend the same. I think my cat is ok since I have not seen her since yesterday. She's like a ghost in the house now ever since Cato got here. I don't know what to do about her.  :?

·
Banned
2,318 Posts
hello and welcome from Chicago! sorry to hear cato is not feeling well,i bought sumya from a pet store  :oops: and we also had a rough start. i hope everything clears up and  you don't get anymore surprises.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts