Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just found this site this morning as I was searching for rescue groups in my area. We have been owned by numerous boxers over the years, currently by four. Our first was from a breeder and the rest have come from rescues or shelters.

After losing two beloved babies to cancer and age this past year, we are ready to love another, but I would prefer to get one from a rescue, if possible. I have put an application in with Lighthouse Boxer Rescue in Cleveland, OH. We are waiting for our home study. They appear to be very conscientious from what I have seen so far. I just get impatient with the process, though know it is necessary.

I will be posting photos soon of our pack. Look forward to getting to know all of you and your furbabies!

Joanne

·
Registered
882 Posts
Hello and welcome from Ontario Canada, WOW 4 boxers that's great!....I think rescuing is so wonderful and heartwarming, glad your looking into rescuing another, once my girl gets a little older I also plan on rescuing one for a playmate for her....Rescue one until there are none!

cheers

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
Welcome to Boxer Forums!

So sorry to hear of your losses. Looking forward to some pics of your crew.

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
Welcome to the forum.  Rescues are wonderful, so happy to hear that you are going that route.

·
Registered
4,661 Posts
Kudos to you for rescuing many boxers over the years! i hope you hear great news soon about the newest rescue. cant wait to see pics :D

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Welcome to the forum..I am so sorry for your losses....Look forward to seeing pics of you babies and hoping all goes well with your new adoption :)

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Welcome Joanne! Both of my babies are rescues and I know it is quite a process to get through the whole approval thing! hang in there...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts