Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Re: Pics of Patch

hi all, i am Patch's mommy!!....  i just registered.."grumpee" my husband Clint told me i should..lol so i did
we took Patch to Petsmart this morning to get a nice bath..and all the trimmings..lol  we picked up his food and some treats to help train him..  oh and a leash..lol you should see how he acts with that thing on..lol  it's going to take sometime to get him used to it.. but that's what the treats are for.. and oh we forgot to get a clicker to help with the training..   is that thing really needed?  anyway, it worked with our last dog..  well, i have to get going have to go to work soon.. i am happy to see everyone's response to Patch.  thanks

·
Registered
2,134 Posts

Welcome and so glad you joined the gang too.  Patch is adorable and the pictures are great!

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
Welcome to you, Patch is just a cutie.

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
Welcome to Boxer Forums!  :)  Glad you could join us. Patch is beautiful!

BTW...I split your topic so more people would see it and welcome you.  :wink:

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Welcome...Patch is a cutie and lives up to his name I think.. :) I've never done clicker training, but if you have before, by all means do it with Patch....Look forward to hearing more about him and don't forget the pics

·
Registered
4,661 Posts

[quote="Mommy\";p=\"45524":159qig2g] but that's what the treats are for.. and oh we forgot to get a clicker to help with the training..

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

southerngirls\";p=\"45646 said:
Second there are a few here who have tried/used the clicker-but it isnt needed IMO. I have never used one when training, just lots of treats, love, patience, and postitive reinforcement.
Thanks for the info..  so far love hasn't been a problem..lol  :dance:   and treats well we haven't started them just yet..  although i hear from my husband that "Patch" did very good on the leash today for it being his first time on it. so we may need to give him some treats when we walk him on it next..

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
tootsie\";p=\"45552 said:
BTW...I split your topic so more people would see it and welcome you.  :wink:
THANK YOU VERY MUCH!! :bsty:   you get a big... (*)  for that!!  i need all the  :bshelp:  i can get on these kinda things..lol  i was on the mazda forums for a while but kinda lost interest after a while.. because i'm not as involved in car meets anymore..  but this is going to be more involved!! ;;)

thanks again!
shelli aka Mommy

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
Welcome to the forum! I'm glad you decided to join us.  :)  Patch is such a sweetie! It's hard not to go overboard buying them things isn't it?! LOL

·
Registered
526 Posts
any others from texas? We have met a couple boxers at the Petsmart... but it would be cool to meet others too.

·
Banned
2,318 Posts
hello and welcome! patch is absolutely adorable! what a perfect name!

·
Registered
6,026 Posts
grumpee\";p=\"46474 said:
any others from texas? We have met a couple boxers at the Petsmart... but it would be cool to meet others too.
Well, we're in Texas, but we're south of Houston.  I think your wife said y'all are up by Dallas?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts