Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all,
just a few words to introduce myself. i live in england. we got zach. our boxer pup, in april this year. he is nearly 4 months now. he is growing very fast and tries to chew everything in sight.
there are some pics in the gallery if you want to peek
cheers :wink:

·
Registered
977 Posts
Hello :D ! A fellow Brit! I'm fron the south-west but have been living in France for quite a while now. Welcome to the club - i'm the proud owner of Voltaire a 2 1/2 year old male. :D

·
Registered
245 Posts
Hello! Welcome to the forums! My Xena ate up everything in sight at 4 months including our floors and our walls (how she was able to bite a flat surface is beyond me). Once theyre through teething theyll stick to their toys for the most part. Good luck!

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Welcome to the forum..Your Zach is a handsome young man..Great pics of him..Feel free to jump in with any questions, comments, tips, you name it..Keep the pictures coming tho, we are mad for those... :lol:

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks folks,
cannot help but notice how alike zach and kiah are. got some more photo,s so i will download them asap.
caillou, i am from the northwest of england. live just outside liverpool, over the water on the wirral.
ollytheblue

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
Yes, they are.  Kiah is a rescue so I don't have any puppy pictures but they could almost be twins.

·
Registered
977 Posts
ollytheblue\";p=\"10532 said:
caillou, i am from the northwest of england. live just outside liverpool, over the water on the wirral.
ollytheblue
Only been to Liverpool once with school - a looonnggg time ago, but i really enjoyed it, saw The Cavern and the Richard & Judy studio! Yay!  :D Pretty countyside all around.
Just wanted to ask : How's the dog breed situation in England? Still all labradors and retrievers? What's become popular?
P.S. I'm from Chard in Somerset, originally - have still got a bit of the accent to prove it! :oops:

·
Registered
905 Posts
You don't see a ginormous amount of Boxers in Ireland either, but they do seem to be getting more popular.  Or maybe I'm just noticing more of them since we got Tink - same thing happens when you get a particular car, has anyone ever noticed???!

Labs are also hugely popular here, but for some reason the most popular breeds tend to be the smaller ones - King Charles, Westies and Jack Russels.  (And I absolutely LOATHE Jack Russels.  They are the ugliest looking, ugliest tempered dogs ever!)

Also, we have oodles of the ever-popular Heinz 57 Varieties!

·
Registered
20 Posts
hi welcome. i stay in aberdeen scotland and its true soon as u get a certain breed of dog and or car you start to notice them everywhere. you dont see that much rotties here in aberdeen i probably know every single one of their names now since i got my 2 but before i doubt i would have even seen one. same with my lil boxer chelsea...start to notice more boxers about.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Honeyec\";p=\"10640 said:
You don't see a ginormous amount of Boxers in Ireland either, but they do seem to be getting more popular.  Or maybe I'm just noticing more of them since we got Tink - same thing happens when you get a particular car, has anyone ever noticed???!
Yeah... I never really noticed Boxers until we got Odin... same thing with cars... I rarely noticed any Dodge Magnums until I bought one, now I see them everywhere.

Funny thing is, I never heard of my former dog... the Louisiana Catahoula Leopard Dog, until I had one... funny thing was, I still haven't seen any while I had her or since!

(Generic pic, not actually my former dog, but it's a Catahoula!)

·
Registered
302 Posts
Honeyec\";p=\"10681 said:
Jesus, that Catahoula looks like something out of 28 Days Later!  Freaky eyes...
Yeah, and our Catahoula acted like something out of 28 Days Later!

Catahoula's have a reputation for making Boxers look as frisky and active as a Bassett Hound.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts