Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you everyone!
I am not a fan of boxer, but my family is a big fan of this breed. I have just join the forum for informational
purposes. My family is recommending me this breed, but I am looking to own the Pomchis. I have seen this
breed at my friends home and fall in love with them. I don't think there is a comparison in both of these
breeds, But let me know what you guys think about Boxers and Pomchis. Which one will be good as a
family breed?

·
Registered
5,844 Posts
Well I will say congrads on doing your research. :)

And no there is no comparison to be made here (exactly,) Save for a well trained dog, is a well trained dog and size does not matter. I got to wrok with a train a "client's," Pomchi and I was extremely impressed with her! I treated her like a "Real Dog," and the only thing I needed to do was get a "Show Lead," for walking her, I started with my usual British Slip Leash? But the Leash weighted about a 1/2 to a 1/4 of what Queenie weighted? So I got a show lead and that worked great!

And Queenie was very impressive! If that is the dog you want? Then that is the dog you should get! You could alway's chose to get a "Boxer," later down the road if you'd like? BUT ... and this "is," a Boxer thing. If your first dog a Pomchi, is a girl? Then best advise is another dog should be a "Male!"

Female Boxer are well known to be uh ... intolerant of living with other females in there in there home! It is a thing ... "Inter Female Aggression," so ask your family about that. :)

And your family ... is not really doing the "Boxer Breed," any favors by recommending the breed to everyone? And yes I luv them myself. But they are not ..."perfect?" They can be a "Hair Pulling, Time Consuming PIA? To be kind. :)

If your prepared to put up with that? Then a "Boxer," could be the dog for you? With that as a stipulation ... I might recommend a "Boxer," to people I know or don't know? By comparison my next favorite dog is a "Working Line GSD!"

My dog was "eventually," awesome ... I miss him dearly. But he was for a time a send to you ER for stitches and a Law Suit on four paws, looking for a place to happen? I luv those dog's but I don't recommend to them anyone I know. And yeah not really to many on forums either? Not recommending ones favorite dog to just anyone ... is actually what is best for a given breed. :)

If you want a Pomchi, then get a Pomchi. That is much better than getting a dog you don't want, that you will resent ... every time it does something wrong? And if you get a "Boxer," in the beginning ... it will do something wrong?

Boxers are great dog's but a pretty poor choice for a first time dog owners? And the Pomchi ... yeah it's a much blend then either of it's parents? Most (not all Chi's) I have seen are anti social A-Holes! And Poms tend to bark a Lot! But Queenie, the Pomchi, I worked with had none of those traits? She was "awesome!"

I have a few interesting adventures I had while working with her ... she was a pretty cool dog. So I'm a fan of those dog's. Welcome aboard whatever you chose. :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts