Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there everybody! I have a lot of downtime at work and usually read on guitar amplifier forums and automotive forums...but today it struck me: there has to be a Boxer forum!

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
Welcome to the forums!  :D  I won't get into the whole "black boxer thing", I'll just say that she is beautiful and welcome again!

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Welcome to the forum..Sophie is gorgeous.....

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
Hello again.... Okay I know you think people get all hyped up about the "no black boxer thing". I promise I won't get all hyped up. I'll just give you some info, and you do what you wish with it.
According to the AKC true black is not an acceptable color in boxers. It is a genetic impossibility in purebred boxers. If the coat color is truly black, then it means a dog from another breed was used somewhere down the line.
Sophie Sue is still considered a reverse brindle. On the outside she may look black, but I bet her DNA says otherwise. She may have been sold to you as a "black" or "sealed brindle", which just means that the black stripes over took the fawn coloring to give the appearance of being black.  
Just wanted to throw a little educational info out to people that in a purebred boxer the color black is a genetic impossibility.
And, your Sophie Sue is a beauty no matter what color you call her! :D

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
[quote="tootsie\";p=\"1903":1dp2c4xf]Hello again.... Okay I know you think people get all hyped up about the "no black boxer thing". I promise I won't get all hyped up. I'll just give you some info, and you do what you wish with it.
According to the AKC true black is not an acceptable color in boxers. It is a genetic impossibility in purebred boxers. If the coat color is truly black, then it means a dog from another breed was used somewhere down the line.
Sophie Sue is still considered a reverse brindle. On the outside she may look black, but I bet her DNA says otherwise. She may have been sold to you as a "black" or "sealed brindle", which just means that the black stripes over took the fawn coloring to give the appearance of being black.

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
firebird1999us\";p=\"1923 said:
She could be orange for all I care though and I would still love her just the same :wink:
Boxers have a way of stealing your heart, don't they?    :p

·
Registered
64 Posts
Welcome to the forum, cant wait to hear some stories.  Sophie Sue is absolutly gorgeous, and by the sounds of it, quite a sweetheart too!

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
firebird1999us\";p=\"1923 said:
[

She could be orange for all I care though and I would still love her just the same :wink:
Well good for you & yes like Tootsie said, they do steal your hearts...Very easily. It's funny, I've been looking for a breeder somewhat local to get a puppy & I came across one that is hyping a so called black boxer, very rare that they are going to start using for stud. Grrrrrr...It's quite obvious that is not a reputable breeder or they would know better..

Anyways, Sophie is gorgeous, and she has the shiniest coat I have ever seen in a boxer. My Buck had a great coat, but Sophie has him beat!  :) Has she been spayed or were these people planning on breeding her?

·
Registered
220 Posts
HI Chris,
Welcome to the forum.
~Anne

·
Registered
2 Posts
I've never seen a black boxer.  She's beautiful!
Also, I didn't realize there was such a large number of boxer myspace pages and I've had my own personal one on there for a while.  I don't know why it didn't occur to me to look, but I am definately going to make my Presley Pooh Bear one of her own.    
Thanks!

·
Registered
1 Posts
She is beautiful.I also have a black boxer ,and they do exist. I also have a three week old litter of black boxers. STAY BLACK BOXER STRONG!!!!!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi, she's very pretty.  BTW, I would just like to say that actually there is no black boxers, it's called reverse brindle.  She's gorgeous just the same.  Nice to meet you.

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Like Gayle said, there is no such thing as a black boxer ofilosa,, It's genetically impossible. The black gene is not bred into a boxer & I believe it is stated in the AKC standard. You may have a very dark reverse brindle that looks black, but it's not.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I have read the AKC standards, and there isn't a true black boxer. Like it was said before, she may look black, but genetically, she's coded to be brindle. People who breed "black" boxers, or promote them, are not helping the breeding world by making money off uneducated people. I have a feeling that the people who paid that ungodly amount of money, and later found out that she wasn't a true black, were very disgusted, and may have choosen not to buy another boxer.

I'm not trying to lecture, but the most important thing for us as boxer owners is to be as educated as possible, and promote the breed appropriately for the sake of maintaining the breed. I've heard a lot of people make comments about my "brindle" having pit in her because they've never heard of a brindle boxer, and only pits are brindle.

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Serendipity\";p=\"2059 said:
I'm not trying to lecture, but the most important thing for us as boxer owners is to be as educated as possible, and promote the breed appropriately for the sake of maintaining the breed. I've heard a lot of people make comments about my "brindle" having pit in her because they've never heard of a brindle boxer, and only pits are brindle.
The one thing I try to do when talking to someone is to educate...Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. To not try is hurting our breed. Here's an example..I was walking the other morning & one of my neighbors was driving by, they stopped, got out of their truck carrying a puppy, as they got closer I realized it was a boxer...Big sigh, I love puppies...Anyways, we were talking & the husband asked if Samson stayed inside, well we live in Alabama & it gets darned cold in the winter & miserable in the summer, so my answer is pretty obvious, right? I told him of course, boxers are inside pets, their short coats are not enuf protection agaainst the cold & their short noses make them susceptible to weather extremes..I got the feeling it went in one ear & out the other......Then the wife said something about Moe (the puppy) getting into everything when they left, that he was even climbing over the baby gate they had put up!!!! Omg...I recomended a crate & the reasons why...

To make a long story short, I felt like I was talking to the air by the time we walked away. I can almost bet that everything I said will not be used or even considered...Oh, yea, here's the kicker, the husband said his brother was getting one of those new "designer" breeds..A LabiDane....I just rolled my eyes at that one....

1 - 20 of 20 Posts