Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just adopted a new puppy last weekend, we've had a boxer before.

Was told by the rescue that he's a boxer/lab mix, but some people say he looks like a pit, what do you guys think?

·
Registered
5,069 Posts
Well ... we'll claim him in anycase so Welcome Aboard. :)
His feet are freaking hugh??? Boxer labs are common enough that they have a name, there are a few of them on here, Boxerdors.:

https://thehappypuppysite.com/boxer-lab-mix/

But I don't think that is what he is??? Typical Pit Mix head but his body is kinda compact and tight. That part could be Boxer, American Line?? But the feet are hugh and Boxers tend to have tiny feet.

He could be a Boxer mix but a generation removed maybe mom was a Boxer/Pit and dad was a Mastiff something?? You'd really a DNA test to have a good idea of what he is??

He should be a nice dog in any case as long as you do your part well. :)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Aw, he's adorable! And, having had both boxers and pits, I'll say my guess is that he's full pit. I used to say one of my pits was a boxer/lab mix when looking for apartments. It's super common for shelters to say boxer/lab mix for pits so they won't be judged foe their breed. He looks so sweet! Congrats on your new baby.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
What a cute puppy! I'd also say he is a pit mix as I really don't see boxer but welcome to the forum, we love hearing about puppies! I do would just follow suite and call him a boxer/lab mix just because of the judging of pitts. My neighbor has one who looked very much like yours but completely a dark brown, now that she is grown you can see she is a pitt no boxer, lol but lord she is sweet but all muscle and very very pretty & strong.

·
Registered
5,069 Posts
Well regardless of "Boxer content" ... your more than welcome here ... just to make that clear.

And while I am more than familiar with "APBT" and as I want to say "Derivatives thereof" ... I have never had a PB APBT?? SO I don't know what they like look as puppys as puppies??? But I do that they are "massive freaking dogs!"

I had one a "PB" APBT, that I rescued ... found on the street ... I had to give her back ... because we "messed up and found her owners! :(

That sucked ... as she was a cool dog! But my point is ... as far as ... Insurance and crap like that goes ... if you have no "paperwork" that says ... this dog is a PB "APBT." And you think he is a Boxer Mix. GO with that!

Short of a DNA test ... no one can prove otherwise! My first dog was an "American Band
Dawg. Bull Mastiff/APBT/Lab. That is what I wanted ... that is what I got. For insurance purposes, he was listed as a "BullMastiff Mix and he was. :)

And the Boxer ... I'd never had one my intro to Boxers was my Stewie a APBT/Boxer mix. He was incredible! A truly brilliant easy to train dog!

I lost him way to young and at the time I could not find another such mix?? And since I already had a APBT mix I went with a PB Boxer??? LOL ... worked out fine but in comparison to my APBT/Boxer ... uh a PB Boxer was kinda crazy?? :)

Maybe I should have got a Boy?? But a girl worked out fine for me ... fan for life as it were. :)

·
Registered
5,069 Posts
Well regardless of "Boxer content" ... your more than welcome here ... just to make that clear.

And while I am more than familiar with "APBT" and as I want to say "Derivatives thereof" ... I have never had a PB APBT?? So I don't know what they like look as puppys??? But I do know that they are "massive freaking dogs!" I rescued one of the street and sadly??? I had to give her back to the owners. I so wanted to keep her she was a really sweet dog.

That sucked ... as she was a cool dog! But my point is ... as far as ... Insurance and crap like that goes ... if you have no "paperwork" that says ... this dog is a PB "APBT." And you think he is a Boxer Mix. Go with that ie "Boxer mix."!

Short of a DNA test ... no one can prove otherwise! My first dog was an "American Band Dawg." Bull Mastiff/APBT/Lab. That is what I wanted ... that is what I got. For insurance purposes, he was listed as a "BullMastiff Mix and he was. :)

And the Boxer ... I'd never had one, my intro to Boxers was my Stewie a APBT/Boxer mix. He was incredible! A truly brilliant easy to train dog!

I lost him way to young and at the time I could not find another such mix?? And since I already had a APBT mix I went with a PB Boxer??? LOL ... worked out fine but in comparison to my APBT/Boxer ... uh a PB Boxer was kinda crazy?? Maybe I should have got a Boy?? But a girl worked out fine for me ... fan for life as it were.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts