Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
378 Posts
OMG so CUTE!! i`m in love.lol.Hello & welcome.Im not good at names but Darla comes to mind when I look at her pic

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Oh what a sweet sweet face....She is adorable...Yes 5 weeks is awfully young and no they aren't weaned that early..6 weeks is generally when you start that. That's why most breeders don't sell their pups til 8-10 wks...I assume your vet checked her out real well? Hopefully he set you up with a shot schedule..

Your pro-active approach is the best thing you can do right now. And smart of you to think of that  :) As she is soo young, just give everything time, housebreaking, etc..It will come to her...

We had planned on naming our next female Delilah, to go with Samson, but Angel was used to her name...so you can use that if you like... :)

Welcome to the forum and keep us posted on your little ones progress

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
Welcome to the forums. That itty bitty girl you have there is the cutest!!  :yes:  I love her white ear!  Whatever you name her, she is the cutest little bug.... :D

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
I'm with Heather, I think Ginger kinda suits her..Lol, what about Mary Anne? Just joking.....Now about Diesel,,,hmm nope, I don't see her with that name...

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ginsy seems to be the one the DC are favoring so far.

It is beyond critical that I break her of biting and jumping as soon as she is able to learn.

·
Registered
616 Posts
Practice, practice, and more practice.  Maybe you could entice her with small bits of a soft treat as you are walking.  I used to go to the end of the leash and bribe them to come to me and then walk again to the end of the leash and repeat.  When they are that young, you don't want to walk them too far anyway.

When and if she gets to the biting stage, it is important to redirect her.  Give her a toy to chew on or I used to say "ouch" real loud and it would deter both of mine.  If they got out of hand, I gave them time outs.  Starting with 1/2 minute.

I am glad that you are starting early.  Sounds like you have a lot of good ideas.  If you have any questions, this is the place to ask.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Awww... what a sweetheart

:D   good luck on the pro-active training methods. I am taking similar steps. I have a sweet lil girl who is almost 12 weeks old, we got her when she was 7 1/2 wks and since she has made so much progress... she still has accidents but her listening skills are outstanding. She sits at the door when we go to put her tie on her and we have her "sit" periodically thoughout the day just to keep her sharp. We also have four children ages 8, 5, 3, and 6 months old and Roxanne (our Boxer) is amazing with them. She loves to play rough but with the kids she is getting very use to bringing them a toy instead of going after their arms and legs. Lots of repitition has helped us there, just constant reminders that its not nice to bite even with no intent to harm. We take her out often on walks through parks where other dogs are and she is so good at staying close by, I'm kinda dreading these "teenage" years that other Boxer owners have warned about. I would hate to lose my sweetheart to the trials of the teenage years.. lol
well anyways, I tend to blab on & on.. good luck with your new princess.. she is absolutely sweet looking

1 - 15 of 15 Posts