Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all.  I'm new to the forum and figure I'd say hello first.   And now for a little background:  

A few weeks ago my wife and I took in a stray Boxer who was in pretty bad shape.  We took him to the vet, gave him a loving home and provided him with everything he needed.  Sadly, despite our best efforts, his age coupled with heartworms, was too much and the vet explained to us that he had congestive heart failure.  There was nothing we could do, and even though he may have had a hard life, he lived the last of his days sheltered and extremely loved.  

He was a GREAT GREAT dog.  We had been thinking about getting another dog for a while before, and after Bowser was put to sleep, we thought for a while and decided that another Boxer was the way to go.  And so we got ourselves an 8 week old puppy, Windsor.  

So that is our story so far.  We've had him 4 days and even though it has been a bit frustrating at times, we've got no regrets.

All I can say is this guy is running on a Nuclear Reactor in terms of energy capacity.  Honestly though, I like it.  

This is him asleep.  That boy can snore!

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
welcome!!!  beautiful puppy!!

if you like we're having a boxer traning chat right now...feel free to join in

·
Registered
508 Posts
Hello and welcome. You have a gorgeous little boy. And im sorry about your loss before.

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
LOL!!!  That is a cute picture.

The reason I love boxers is because when I was a kid, my dad found a boxer that was hit by a car.  So he brough him home and unfortunately we werent able to keep him because my mom is allergic... to EVERYTHING....  lol... So my neighbors kept him and i was able to play with him every day.  I dont know how old he was when my dad found him, or how old he was when he died..  But he lived the rest of his days with people that loved the hell out of him, and im sure Bowser knew he was in a good place.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Hi!  Welcome!!  SO sorry to hear about the first pup!! I worked at a vet. one summer and had NO idea what heart worm does to a pup.....again, I'm sorry...it was lucky to have had you and your wife!  
Boxers are great...huh?!  Yours is a cutie pie!!  Funny about the energy....ours does as well!.....I will say there is something wonderful about having TWO of them!  They play together ALL day long, so they wear themselves out fast!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you for the warm reception.  I hope to learn alot and also help out when I can.  

mybox1\";p=\"19326 said:
Hi!  Welcome!!  SO sorry to hear about the first pup!! I worked at a vet. one summer and had NO idea what heart worm does to a pup.....again, I'm sorry...it was lucky to have had you and your wife!
Thank you, he was a great dog, even though we only had him for a short time.  I don't understand how some of these animals end up stray.  He was in pretty bad shape when she found him.  He was missing alot of hair, had scrapes, ticks and fleas, and was terribly emaciated, but one look into his eyes and wagging nub of a tail and we couldn't say no.  

Boxers are great...huh?!  Yours is a cutie pie!!  Funny about the energy....ours does as well!.....I will say there is something wonderful about having TWO of them!  They play together ALL day long, so they wear themselves out fast!!!!!!!!!
I don't mind the playing much.  In fact, I was excited to have a very playful dog, I'm not much into lap dogs.  My concern is over-exercising.  I've come across a few caresheets that warn about this while they are puppies but really, they don't stop playing.  He goes a few hours of playing, falls into hibernation, wakes up, and goes at it again.

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
Its amazing how they still have love in their hearts after what is done to them by some people.  So glad he knew for a time that he could get love in return.  Your new pup is so cute.

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Welcome to all of you. Windsor is a cutie...Lol I love that what you said about running on Nulear Reactor energy...So true about boxers..I call Angel my Energizer Bunny, We used to call Buck "dog on pogo stick"... :lol: They are a breed onto themselves. Make you laugh, make you cry, make you feel like you are going nutz, but if you ask anyone here, they wouldn't trade any of it! Feel free to ask as many questions as you need, that's what we are here for. Join in on our Wed nite training chat & Sunday nite open forum chat.

Kudos also to rescuing Bowser and giving him a home, even if it was for a short time. Boxers are abondoned a lot, due to lack of research on the owners part. I've rescued 2 and they do make the most awesome friends...

·
Registered
780 Posts
Welcome!

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
Welcome!  :)

·
Registered
2,718 Posts
Hello & Welcome!  Windsor is just the cutest little guy!  So sorry to hear about your loss, so glad you took him in though and made his remaining time very happy and loving.  Can't wait to see more pics and hear stories about Windsor!

·
Registered
948 Posts
Welcome! Beautiful baby!

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
Awhhh... he's so handsome... I love his coloring! I'm sorry to hear about Bowser... I least you know you did everything you could and he had a wonderful time with you.

·
Registered
627 Posts
Hello and welcome!!!  Your boy is handsome.  I'm sorry to hear about Bowser.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts