Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI my name is David i am from Texas just bought my dog last night she is 7 wks old
this is my first Boxer thanks

·
Registered
627 Posts
Hello and welcome!!!  Congrats on your new puppy.  Can't wait to see some pictures of her!!!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hope to have some up soon
im a little concerned she sleeps alot ill take her outside to go to the restroom and pay for like 15 minutes and she walks back to the garage. and is layin at the door take her in and she goes and gets some water and goes and lays down  :?

·
Registered
905 Posts
I think they meant he'll be seven months on the 23rd.

You just have to remember that puppies really are just babies in a furry disguise.  We tend to forget that because they can walk and run and whatnot, but at 7 weeks your girl is literally still a baby and just like a human baby she will spend a lot of time sleeping.  It's nothing at all to be concerned about.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
mad my wife just called me at work and she took her out and she peed and pooped out side and then she was back inside and she looked at my wife and peed on the floor (sry thought this was funny) as she was doing her hair wife disciplined her and put her in the crate about 45 min went by she let her out and soon as she got out she pooped right by my wife what i dont understand is we watch what she is eating and drinking and she doesnt get down out of the bed when we are asleep sry for the rant just frustrated my wife callin and yellin about the dog

·
Registered
29 Posts
congrats on the new pup!!

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Hi there & welcome..What is your little one's name? About potty training, first off she's just a baby! 7 weeks is actually sooner than most breeders like to let their pups go...Potty training is a long process and at times will totally drive you insane..Patience is the key...With a pup that age, I'd be taking her out every 30 mins or so. Use a lead on her, reward her tremendously when she goes. You also might try keeping the lead on her when she's inside as well..Unless you actually catch her in the act, it does no good to scold. Dogs live in the now, what happened even 5 seconds ago, they have forgotten. I also do not believe in rubbing their noses in it, it won't help! Just clean up the accident, make sure the spot is totally sanitized ( I recomend Nature's Miracle) and move on. You might try taking the towels you used to clean up outside where you want her to go, let her get her scent, that can help..I really don't recomend putting her in the crate after she has had an accident, all that does is make her think her crate is a "bad place" & you do not want that. There is a topic in the behaviors section about crating, you might want to have a look at it....

As frustrating as it can get at times and yes all of us have gone thru it, it will get better as long as you and your wife stay diligent. Get a schedule and stick with it, boxers are very schedule orientated anyways. Watch water consumption also, you might want to cut off water in th evening after a certain point....

Hope this is some help and don't give up on her! She needs time to learn what is being requested of her....

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
Puppies sleep all the time.  Believe me you will miss those days when she get a little older.

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
Welcome, can't wait to see pictures of your baby.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
samsonsmom\";p=\"16982 said:
Hi there & welcome..What is your little one's name? About potty training, first off she's just a baby! 7 weeks is actually sooner than most breeders like to let their pups go...Potty training is a long process and at times will totally drive you insane..Patience is the key...With a pup that age, I'd be taking her out every 30 mins or so. Use a lead on her, reward her tremendously when she goes. You also might try keeping the lead on her when she's inside as well..Unless you actually catch her in the act, it does no good to scold. Dogs live in the now, what happened even 5 seconds ago, they have forgotten. I also do not believe in rubbing their noses in it, it won't help! Just clean up the accident, make sure the spot is totally sanitized ( I recomend Nature's Miracle) and move on. You might try taking the towels you used to clean up outside where you want her to go, let her get her scent, that can help..I really don't recomend putting her in the crate after she has had an accident, all that does is make her think her crate is a "bad place" & you do not want that. There is a topic in the behaviors section about crating, you might want to have a look at it....

As frustrating as it can get at times and yes all of us have gone thru it, it will get better as long as you and your wife stay diligent. Get a schedule and stick with it, boxers are very schedule orientated anyways. Watch water consumption also, you might want to cut off water in th evening after a certain point....

Hope this is some help and don't give up on her! She needs time to learn what is being requested of her....
I know i just thought is was funny she said she just looked up at her and did it

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
boxermomma\";p=\"17064 said:
[quote="bonkers789\";p=\"16955":1wdfdxvg]what is 23 sry for not knowing
sorry i should have said that a little better...shows that im a little to country lol :oops:[/quote:1wdfdxvg]

its ok i should have known

OH forgot her is is Molly

·
Registered
508 Posts
Hello and welcome. Congrats on your new puppy... I am from Dallas,Tx glad to see we have another Texan to the mix.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts