Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm new to the forum.

We just recently bought a boxer and was doing some research and came along to this site.  Since most of you guys have boxer maybe you can answer this:

I know the family whom I bought the dog from and I trust them when they tell me that they are boxera.  But a girl a few doors away saw us outside and came over.  Asked me where I got this pitbull from.  We told her it was a boxer and she kept persisting saying NOOO it's a pitbull, I had one and it had stripes like that.  I researched what boxer puppies look like and I swear my Maggie looks like a boxer puppy.  What do you think?  

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Ok I've been researching pitbull pups and I'm thinking that pitbull pups have really short legs which is how you can tell the difference while they're still young.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Don't pitbulls have different shaped faces????  My sister has a black lab/pit mix......my sister thought that he looked more Boxer than pit...until I brought mine over.  Something about the face is very different than a Boxers.  Would your be considered the Brendal(not sure if I spelled that correctly)????

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Mine is the brindle.  And the more I look at pics here the more I can see that Maggie is definately a Boxer.  I don't know why I get so paranoid LOL.

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Welcome to you & Maggie, she looks like a boxer pup to me. Love that wrinkly little head..Lol....As for what your neighbor said "ignorant people say ignorant things". It happens everywhere, we all have run into it at one time or another. This is a link to Wikipedia, it has a greta definition of Pit bulls along with pics..Your pup is not a pit bull and if you look at all the boxers on here, you have noticed, they don't all look alike, different bredding creates a different look, but boxers all the same  :)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pit_Bull

·
Registered
948 Posts
Definitely a boxer...  And no.. Pitbulls aren't short.. They are somewhat the same size (OR SHOULD BE!) as a boxer.. The muzzle would be a lot longer if it was a pitbull...

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you Samson.  I agree... there is many different looks.  I didn't even know that you could get white boxers until I saw some pics here.

I'm missing my baby and yes I think of her as a baby.  She went to my parent's house with my husband for the weekend.  I even talk to her on Speaker phone LOL.  

I'll share more pics when she gets home.  Most of what I have is videos of her LOL.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
A lot of us on here have purebred Boxers that have been "mistaken" for pitbulls.  Its actually easier to tekk for sure when they get bigger and older.

Liz and Lilly

·
Registered
270 Posts
Hiya...I can totally understand WHY you want your to be a Boxer.....sadly, pits have gotten such a bad rap!  I know several pits who are the sweetest, most gentle dogs ever!!  Yours looks my little boy, in the face shape, who just turned 7 weeks old yesterday.  Whatever your pup is, she sure is a cutie!!  That is too funny that you chat with her on speaker phone!!  What we dog parents do!!!!

·
Registered
126 Posts
people that has seen glaicer thought she was a pitbull but shes not at all cause her nose is short and pits are long and she does have long legs unlike pits they are very short legged.

·
Registered
270 Posts
WOW....BUT i'm NOT surprised!!  People have done the same thing to me too.  AND mine are Boxer through and through.  Seriously, it has to be the square jaws.  It is interesting when people ask me if mine are Pitbulls and I say no Boxer, how embarressed they get...and then say "oh yeah, I can see the Boxer now."  Clearly people DON'T know their breeds!!

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Maggie looks all boxer to me... I can't even count how many times Chloe has been called a pitbull.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Welcome to you and Maggie. She is adorable. She looks all boxer. I was out walking Hank friday and the mail lady stopped and said that Hank was a cute pit. I had to inform her that he was not a pit and was boxer.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
glaicer07\";p=\"18649 said:
people that has seen glaicer thought she was a pitbull but shes not at all cause her nose is short and pits are long and she does have long legs unlike pits they are very short legged.
My friend used to have a pitbull.

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
I really can't understand how people think boxers are pits! I don't see the resemblance at all. All I can say is, get used to it. Little Maggie will get confused for a pitbull probably her whole life.
She looks like a cute little brindle boxer pup to me!

·
Registered
2,718 Posts
Hello & Welcome!  Looks like a very cute boxer pup to me!  People mistake Lola for a pit all the time.  Half the neighbors where mad at us until they realized she wasn't a pit bull.  Some people  :roll:

·
Registered
4,661 Posts
She said your baby looked pit because of her coloring/stripes??  insane-just like with any dog they have different colors and such that they are born with. She is def a boxer-and yes pits are a little shorter and stouter than a boxer. plus their noses are usually not as mushed as a boxers. She is adorable!! i wouldnt worry about what your neighbor thinks, not to sound rude but she may just be uneducated on the different breeds.

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
tootsie\";p=\"18676 said:
I really can't understand how people think boxers are pits! I don't see the resemblance at all.
I agree.  My sister has a pit and it didn't look anything like a boxer when it was a puppy.  And her pit is the most gentle, loving dog.  It's sad that they get such a bad rap.

·
Registered
236 Posts
What a cutie!  Looks all boxer to me.  I see that they didn't get her tail.  My Dixie has her tail and I just love it.  My Champ is docked and I just love his nubbie too!

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
DEFINITELY A BOXER! Odin's been mistaken for a pitbull too. One of the people in our "puppy education" class said "Oh is he a bulldog?" WTH!???? He looks nothing like a BULLDOG... at least a pitbull is just as tall (though the snout is alot longer). Odinsdad was like "...no he's a boxer." She then replied, "Oh a mutt?" We were like... NO HE'S A BOXER! SEE HIS AKC TAG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Jeez... come on now!! People are just ignorant when it comes to bully breed dogs.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts