Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there,

I dont have a boxer dog yet but hope to get one in January. I have been looking at this site for ages, but I have never been on any forums before and it has taken me a while to register. This forum is great for advise and you have loads of tips for a newbie. Also I love the galleries, which I hope to add to soon  :D

·
Registered
5,692 Posts
you would be extremely happy with a boxer..jsut read up on them and know what you are getting into...as long as you do that things will be wonderful..

welcome to the forum..look forward to pics of your new baby when it comes:)

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
Hello and Welcome!! I'm not a member of any other forum any more BUT this one! Don't have time for the other ones! This a is a great place to be a member of. We love pics so we will definitely be as excited as you to get them when January comes!! The waiting is the HARD PART!!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It is sooo hard waiting, but I have to save up and I want to take my time and read up properly. I want to be fully prepared.

·
Registered
5,692 Posts
thats wonderful !! the more you know the better things will be:)

boxers are like the other kids in your family and they know it hahaha..so much fun !!!

·
Registered
4,661 Posts
i want to give you props for making sure you read up on the breed before jumping into a situation. I will say that Boxers are NOT for everyone's lifestyle, but if they do fit they are the best dogs around!! Hope to see pics of the new member in January :)

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
Welcome to the forum and we'll all wait anxiously to see your new baby in January.  You are being very smart to read all you can about the breed and learn what to look for when you are ready to buy.  Congratulations on your decision and your doing your homework first.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Welcome, we are looking for another boxer as ours had to be put to sleep just recently.  I hope to have one by Christmas.  I did the same thing when I was looking for BO, we read up on everthing.  The best thing that I did was to get a crate, that was the biggest advice that I got and proved to be the best thing I could have done.    Aso when we were training him we always took him out one door, we had a bell on the door and when he was little we would pick him up take his paw and ring the bell, then take him out, It got to the point that he would ring the bell himself as he grew up and could reach it, that way we could be anywhere in the house and we would hear the bell ringing, that proved to be a very good thing also.

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Welcome and I cannot say how much research will help you...When I got my first boxer, Buck I thought I knew a lot, well 4 boxers later, I know more, but research and places like this are the best!! Talk to Boxer owners, breeders and if possible attend shows.See if there any Boxer Meetups in your area(see my thread in the General Boxer section abt those) as well....Good luck and feel freee to ask any questions that may come up in your search....

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thank you all for making me feel so welcome!

Suchagirl, thats amazing you taught BO to ring a bell. Good luck with your search  :wink:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts