Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Hailee seems to get the hiccups alot, not sure why  but i was currious if anyone else's gets them? and if anyone knows how to help them get rid of them when they do? well thank you in advance for the help :)

·
Registered
6,026 Posts
Don't know how to make them go away.  Henry gets them less now that he's older, but they used to be pretty bad when he was a little feller. :wink:
Now he get's them if he eats too fast or is startled awake.  I don't think they're a problem.  Sometimes I rub his tummy and throat to get him to calm down.  They usually only last about a minute.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Jaxon does daily.  They say it's nothing more than an immature digestive system just like human babies.  It'll work out the older they get.

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
Same here, Sophie had them all the time as a baby - but she has basically grown out of them.  On a side note and don't know if it applies to dogs, but my hubby had them in the hospital after his heart attack and they lasted for 3 days.  They were horrible and finally had to knock him out cold to get rid of them.  His cardiologist said they were caused from lack of oxygen to the body and being fed through a tube.  Whenever he had another attack of hiccups, we had to sit him upright in bed and have him breath deeply so that he could get as much oxygen into his lungs as possible.  Strange, but it worked to get rid of them.

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Angel gets them some, I think it's cute, she sounds so lady like when she gets them...They never last long tho :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Glad to hear that it's common...Buckley has been getting them a few times a day, but they last less than a minute. Usually after he eats quick or is awaken suddenly.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts