Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My boxer hasn't started hiking his leg to pee and his is 2.5 now.  He still just squats.  Is this normal?  Or should we just be happy he can't hike to pee on anything!?

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Lol, I'd be happy actually..Has he been neutered? I know that some people say that if they are neutered at a young age, they won't ever hike, but some eventually do...My sister's Golden, Jake was neutered at 5 mos and he has never hiked...

By the way, that's a great pic in your siggy  :)

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
Be happy!!  :D I remember Buster didn't hike to pee until he was between 2 and 3. My husband had a party....I really wasn't too happy!  :wink:

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah we had him neutered when he was about 1 yr old.  I really like the fact that he can't aim at anything!!  My dads boxer hikes on everything!  Thank goodness he is housebroke!

·
Registered
508 Posts
I would be happy as well with mine if they wouldnt hike, which Dante still squats sometimes. but Zeus will lift his leg a mile high to pee.

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
Some never do, but he will probably start one day.  It may just feel more comfy not lifting his leg, he is a strong built fellow....Enjoy while it last :)

·
Registered
291 Posts
i heard that most house dogs dont hike? my tyson will hike occasionally but not all the time is this weird? and when we go walking he only pees and never poops, im greatful i think its weird.

~~stephanie~~

·
Registered
6,026 Posts
Rocky was 22 months, that's less than 2 yrs., never mind! :oops:   Anyhow, he only hiked when he was trying to "show off" for the neighbor's dog.  He almost never pooped anywhere but home, unless he was just about to bust.

Henry never poops on a walk either.  Prefers home.  Still not hiking either.

·
Registered
4,661 Posts
a agree with willow-i have heard that if neutered at a young age they dont hike. since he is neutered then i would think that could have something to do with it, i would be happy though!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts