Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Atticus has figured out how to replace humans in the game of fetch.  He picks up a "toy" (anything from a rotting apple from the neighbor's tree (his favorite) to his stuffed hedgehog toy to... you name it) throttles it back and forth a few times in his mouth, then very purposely cocks his head way to one side and then snaps it the other way to throw it so that he can go running off to fetch it.  

This morning as I was sitting at the breakfast table reading the daily paper, he threw his hedgehog toy and it hit me square in the face knocked my glasses off.

Geez, I wish I had had a video camera set up.  I sure could have used the prize money from America's Funniest Home Video's to help defray the costs of his hospitalization a few days ago after making a meal of concrete chunks.

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
It is funny when they do that.  Fiona does that as well with her toys.  My husband always says she is a good child, look how well she plays by herself :)

·
Registered
977 Posts
[quote="sharonL\";p=\"45834":p08o8w6p]It is funny when they do that.

·
Registered
526 Posts
lol! our lab/sheperd mix we had would do something like that as well... very funny!

·
Registered
4,661 Posts
that is greatness, Reese did the same thing the other day...except she threw a shoe at me. It grazed my head, i turned and looked at her and face was a total look of innocence

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
Kiah does that too :lol: I think it is funny with her soft toys, but when I see her swinging her wubba I run to stand in front of the tv.

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
kiahsmom\";p=\"45884 said:
Kiah does that too :lol: I think it is funny with her soft toys, but when I see her swinging her wubba I run to stand in front of the tv.
The wubba is definitely a missle in Kane's hands (or should I say mouth).  He nearly took out a window throwing this around.  Hope Atticus is alright after his very unusual dinner.

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
I think it's unanimous, Boxers like to throw things...I'm with Barb, the only time I duck is when it's the Wubba  :) Atticus ate concrete chunks? Oh my goodness.....That surely couldn't have been pleasant, hope he's ok

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Zhanna\";p=\"45820 said:
Oh my goodness!  I hope he is going to be alright!
He's fine now, but it was very touch-and-go.  He was vomiting all through the night on Wednesday and by the time we got him to the vet hospital the next morning he was so severely dehydrated that he collapsed in the waiting room.  Apparently he was in such bad shape later that night that the vet didn't expect him to live through the night, but by morning he was acting like a feisty puppy again.  Luckily, what concrete was left in him passed through his system okay, but he developed aspiration pneumonia from inhaling vomit.  

AnnA

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
I've seen Maggie and Jessie launch things in their mouth... but ive never seen them do it purposely!

That must have been a funny sight!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts