Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi so my four month old boxer Ares has been breaking out in hives for the past four weeks. He got his ears cropped so I thought it was the tape but he still has hives after switching to a hypoallergenic tape. I switched his food to salmon and potatoes, gave him flea medication, switched to hypoallergenic shampoo, and washed his bedding. Nothing seems to work and recently it has gotten worse with his face becoming swollen. I usually wake up in the morning to him covered in hives and give him benadryl which will last him most of the day. I just want to know if any of you have any ideas on what he could be allergic to.

This morning an interesting thing happened. I let him sleep with me on my lofted bed last night and he woke up with no hives. I was super happy and brought him down from my bed but after two minutes he began to break out again. Because of this it made me think that he might be allergic to dust or pollen??? and since no dust settles on my bed since its so high, no dust got to him??? But also, people have told me that dogs usually dont develop environmental allergies until after a year usually so Im not sure. Please let me know if you guys have any ideas. Thanks!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts