Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have read these forums for a couple days before joining yesterday and had a Q?

Can some use and define all theose darn fance Boxer terms I keep seing.

I know "Black Mask" is the Black around the nose and face making a black mask..
Brindle is the striping pattern
Fawn is well fawn..LOL

What is flashy? Fancy? etc...

of you can think of a word term used please use it and define it for me and anyone else who might maybe be out there so I dont feel so stupid..:)

·
Registered
8,155 Posts
Flashy is an adjective to brindle or fawn  describing the amount of white that is present.   Boxers should not have more than 1/3 of their body white to be within standard.   If the boxer has white on its face chest is most likely called "Flashy".   Where as little to no white is "Classic"

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That is awesome thanks for that page... that is helpfull as ever...

Anyone know any others

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
A few more terms you will see are:

boxer burn - When your boxer runs around the yard or the house like his butt is on fire!

woowoo - The sound a boxer makes when he talks. Not a bark, growl, or howl, sounds just like woowoo.

kidney beaning - The way you are greeted by your boxer after you have been outside of the house for a while. The twisting almost head to tail, and wiggling butt.

Those are just a few, but all I can think of right now!  :wink:

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
From what I can see, looks like you have a reverse brindle, flashy fawn and a brindle.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thats what I was thinking Though my males are close in color one is a tad shade darker than tha other.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts