Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
3,812 Posts
Just saw this I am so sorry poor Tyson n you had to go thru all of this. Cancer x8x8x8x. It is good though that Tyson is now free of cancer and that he is doing well. There actually are many 3 legged dogs all who seem to play and enjoy life well. My friend is going thru cancer with her golden doodle who is less then 5 years old. Two major courses of chemo and he continues to get more and more lumps and bumps. When she notified the breeder (who is pretty big around here) they said sorry to hear this but its not in our lines and hung up on them. She just wanted them to be aware so they could take precautions in future breedings.

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
We had surgery for a soft sarcoma that was in the back of one of Gus' hind legs, behind the knee. It was very difficult to get to even though it was small. It was at least three weeks before I could take the cone off. There was not much tissue there to be able to stitch together. It ended up to be a slow-growing type, and was completely removed.

I wanted to mention that the Oncologist decided to do an ultrasound right before the surgery since he was going to be under anesthesia anyway. Gus was 10, and they felt this ultrasound would show if there was other cancer present. If they had found any masses we might have cancelled the surgery. Sorry you had to go through that, and hope things heal quickly.

·
Registered
454 Posts
So sorry you and Tyson had to go thru this, its really not fun when you find out your dog is seriously ill and you can't get a straight answer about what to do about it. I am glad you are both doing ok this stuff takes a big emotional toll as we always want to do the best thing for our dogs. I hope he continues to do well

21 - 24 of 24 Posts