Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi...I just gave Bo his first 7 in one vaccine at home...I am worried that I did it wrong...

I pulled his neck hide back...inserted the needle, pulled back the plunger part a little and injected.  However..he squirmed at the last minute...and it seemed like part of the needle came out...of the 5" needle...4" was still inside his skin...is this ok?

·
Registered
496 Posts
It sound like you are saying it came out on the other side. I think. If that is the case it is most likely ok. I know that i can sting (depending on the dog) but if you see any signs of reaction or anything i would call the vet.
Samantha

OR MAYBE U ARE SAYING IT JUST CAME OUT A LITTLE THAT WONT BE A PROBLEM EITHER,

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no...it just went in the one side...but the entire needle wasn't in...only 4/5 of it...

·
Registered
491 Posts
if you dont feel comfortable, have a vet do it?  Just curious, why would you not take the dog to the vet and have it done?  Again, just curious.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I will be having him go to the vet for his rabies and his heartworm meds...I am going into health care so I need to learn how to do the shots anyways...and the home vaccines are $5.38 as opposed to $65 at the vets...

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
he's fine...i just worry it won't be effective or something, lol...
if there is somethign to worry about...i worry about it

·
Registered
221 Posts
We have a pet store here in Oklahoma that has a "discount" shot clinic. Each location has 1 day a week they give shots. They have an on staff vet that administers the shots. I recommend it to everyone I know because it is soooo much cheaper that going to a regular vet clinic.

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
The vaccine comes out of the end of the needle, so if that part was through the skin and into the subcutaneous area I'd think it should be fine.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts