Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering how Tink and Hector are getting along............  :think:   Any updates?

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Thanks Tootsie for adding this.. I had made myself a mental note to ask..Guess I should write things down, huh?

·
Registered
905 Posts
Hi Guys, I've had a week and a half off work with no internet access, hence the long silence from me!

Well, after a very shaky start where Tink tried to kill Hector, they are now best pals!  Apparently the problem was that we had Tink on her harness when we first introduced them, which made her very mad for some reason!  Anyway, the next day we let her approach him on her own (but extreeeeeemely closely supervised!).  After about 15 minutes of some very tentative sniffing, jumping away, then coming back for more sniffing, she gave him one lick, then walked away like "Yeah, I really don't see what the big deal is".  After about half an hour she came back, shoved him lightly with her paw, and when he went chasing after her... well, that was it - friendship sealed.  Anyone who will give Tink a chase is automatically her best friend for life.  We have had him for just over a week now, and they are like Siamese dogs!  They're still supervised at all times, but I've started going inside for a few minutes at a time and watching them from the door to see how she is with him, and they're absolutely fine.  If she does get a bit impatient with him, she just jumps on to the couch because he's still too small to follow her up there!  I take that as her "time-out" sign and usually separate them for a little while then.

I have absolutely loads of photos of him to load, but my camera is currently charging, so in the meantime, here's two that i took with my phone.  It's not very clear, but in the second one, the white lump that he's sleeping on is actually Tink!

·
Registered
2,349 Posts
Glad to hear things have smoothed out!  It just takes more time for some dogs versus others.  CUte picture of them cuddling on the couch!

Nano

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Whew, well I sure was relieved to see your response...I am soo glad to hear that Tink and Hector are getting along fine...You know, I am sure it was Tink's harness that was the problem, it makes her feel like she is on the defensive, if I remember what someone had told me....Loved those pictures, looks like they are just the best of friends now...I know you have to be feeling just a wee bit better now, huh?

Thanks for the update.....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts