Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok so my last Boxer Shana always tried to eat horse poop when she came across it, and now Jackson tries to eat it. Is this a Boxer thing or dogs in general. I mean other dogs poop is ignored, other animals poop is ignored, but come across a big pile of horse poop, and their straight in trying to eat it. Does your Boxer love horse poop also ? If they do is it only horse poop they try and eat or are they not so picky.

I constantly told Shana and now Jackson not to eat it, but it never works, still go and try and eat it when its come across. Luckily I manage to stop the poop from being eaten most times, but I do not every time.

Anyway it just seems so well, ughhhhhh, especially when he tries to lick my face when we get back home :puke:

·
Premium Member
717 Posts
My dogs have always loved turd burgers and bunny berrys. They have tried to bring them into the house when frozen. Not quits as bad if horses are on hay only but if you add grain and or sweet feed it's like a gourmet feast for them. Doesn't hurt them.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Cierras favorite is when horse poop is still warm. mmmmmm At least I don't have to worry about her starving when she is out on a long ride with me.haha

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Apparently, shit tastes great. We're just all too afraid to try it. Our furry friends have no fear of the butt tear...
That was hilarious! Based on the way Lexi`s breath and burps smell after eating Jasper`s droppings I think I`ll remain too afraid to try it. lol.

And yes, Jasper once got a hold of horse poop and thought it was great....went tearing around the woods with it in his mouth and then shook his head really hard. He also many a rabbit poop. So far Lexi is mainly into Jasper`s poop. Yuck.:crazy:

·
Registered
576 Posts
Finally a question I can answer!!!!

Horse poop is generally nothing to be concerned about! A number of my "horse friends" call them chocolate doggy doughnuts!

Most horses eat hay and a grain nutritional supplement; so all the dogs are eating is the undigested bi products.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Our boy Willie was a one dog recycling plant. He lived a long healthy life, but I really hope our new puppy prefers food before its digested!

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Finally a question I can answer!!!!

Horse poop is generally nothing to be concerned about! A number of my "horse friends" call them chocolate doggy doughnuts!

Most horses eat hay and a grain nutritional supplement; so all the dogs are eating is the undigested bi products.

Thanks for the answer :D
I guess if dogs could speak and you asked them whats your fav treat, then poop would be top of the list. Im suprised pet shops don't sell it like chocolate drops, something along the lines of "poop drops, something your dog can't resist! :p "

Anyway, its probably a good idea to worm and deflea your dog every month, if its a big poop eater, as I can only imagine what kind of parasites are lurking in each one of the brown nuggets :cry:

·
Registered
272 Posts
Apparently, shit tastes great. We're just all too afraid to try it. Our furry friends have no fear of the butt tear...
OMFG Laughed hard there lol
Thor finds other animals poop on our lawns and puts it in his mouth and brings it to us, twice into the house and once put it in my bf's hand :crazyeye: *barf* it's really gross to say the least

·
Registered
307 Posts
I had to rig an obstacle in the doorway of the room where the kitty litter tray lives. I kept finding kitty litter in my bed!! :doh:

Apparently, my bed was the dining room after visiting the dessert buffet.

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
I don't really know the answer, sorry but if it makes you feel any better my Boston thinks rabbit turds are a delicacy!! :cry2:
I always saw deacon sniffing around and eating stuff in the grass and one day I saw rabbit turds in the yard and it dawned on me that that's what Deacon had been eating! blech! nasty dogs lol...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts