·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:D Today for the first time Ginsy asked to go outside :lol:

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
CONGRATS!! Oh how I look forward to that day! How long did it take?

Odin is very smart but he has bad habits... sometimes I think he asks to go out... but then half the time he doesn't... I don't know...

CONGRATS!! Always praise over the top!! They love it! At least they're suppose to (sometimes with Odin I wonder)!! That's awesome though! Smart puppy!

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
WooHoo Ginsy!!  :dance:

·
Registered
17 Posts
8O   What? Oh my gosh, that is awesome!! How old is she?
Years ago we had a boxer that we trained to ring a bell that we had hanging from the door knob. We could be anywhere in the house and hear her ring that bell. I hope that we can train the 2 we have now to do the same!!

:D HOORAY FOR GINSY :D

·
Registered
109 Posts
thats good. i wish mine would.my boxer is 15 weeks old and boy she is hard tohouse train. so on may 7th she is going to obedience classes ...she is hardheaded and won't listen.she has too much puppy in her.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
One step forward; Two steps back :roll:
Today I found 4 pee spots under the kitchen table back against the wall where you can't really see them from the rest of the kitchen.

·
Registered
770 Posts
Even though you've had a set back at least Ginsy made great progress before. Don't let it get you down, keep up the good work and I'm sure Ginsy will be consistent soon!

Heather

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
last night she made it throught the entire night with clean papers in the bathroom.  Onecs she is able to do that consistently everynight for a week or two we will move her crate into our room with us.

I just don't think its fair the keep her in her crate all night without being able to relieve herself and I have no intention of getting up in the middle of the night to take her out.  

I know many of you disagree but I have four DC and I have BTDT too much already :lol:   But once she is fully house trained, we plan on having her sleep in our room or with the kids.  On the floor of course :wink:

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
Just when you think they have it.....they don't. Ginsy is still very young, and doesn't have full control of her bladder yet. Hang in there. She will get it...I promise!  :winkle:

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
When Charlie was a pup he would go sit next to the door and wimper.  Now he will walk over and he bumps his head off the door knob to get our attention.

·
Registered
4,661 Posts
No worries-ginsy will get it. We are now in the house training phase again with Reese. She isnt catching on too well-even though she is 12 weeks. We take her out ALL the time and she still managed to have 3 accidents just yesterday. I finally pulled out the steam cleaner and just steam cleaned the carpet in the living room-i had run out of my natures miracle! Off to the store today-luckily though she can hold it through the night. We have not had one accident while she was kenneled. how old is Ginsy now?

·
Registered
616 Posts
Sounds like she has the right idea just not old enough to remember it all the time.  I'm glad she has started to let you know.  That is a major step.  Just keep reinforcing the good job that she has done when she asks to go out!  I used to jump around like a bloomin idiot when ours did it right!  One of ours is bell trained and the older one never took to it.  He is lazy and has the other one ring the bell or will just sit in front of the door until you come.  We have to watch his signals pretty good.  We have been accident free for about 5 mos now.  :D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts