Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was going to post a brag about how well she is doing with her house training.....

but I don't I don't think she has made it outside a single time today to pee or poop :x  
My fault I know for not watching her as closely as I usually do- I can only say I slacked off because she has been doing so good all week.  I took it for granted that she would scratch at the door to go out, like she has been doing so much this week.

Two steps forward on step back :roll:

·
Registered
159 Posts
Petey's done good this week too (he'll be 11 weeks on Sunday) until Thursday and he had several accidents. I guess it happens--Rich

·
Registered
2,349 Posts
Any dog is not really too reliable till he gets to be 6 months old, so if yours are doing good, just don't slack off.  They will get there but keep up the good work.

Nano

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Ditto what Nano said..That subject came up at my last meetup and that was pretty much what everyone said also..Take the victories, but expect that more mistakes will happen..They are still babies after all  :) She's making progress, so keep that in mind..It doesn't happen overnite...

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Same thing here!  Sadie is now asking to go out or sitting at the door most of the time.  Sometime last night while I was home with both the dogs she snuck off and peed in our kitchen.  I noticed it this morning and cleaned it up.  Then she decided to poop on the carpet this morning while I was making my breakfast.  It's like they sense that things are going well and they decide to mess it up.  I take her out everytime she asks for the door and this morning she had went pee not 10 minutes before she decided to crap on the carpet!

·
Registered
99 Posts
I'm not sure if I'm messing up or what but Blaze has quit going to the door. When he was gated in the kitchen he would go to the back door when he needed to go out, but since we've been allowing him into the living room he has quit going to the door. I just take him out every 15 to 20 minutes now.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts