Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Cubby is just over six months old and is already tipping the scale at 50 lbs?!?! She still seems very slender and almost skinny looking but we let her eat when she wants to. I know I read some people have very big male pups, 55 lbs at 5 months, but just wondering about the female owners out there.

Cubby still looks very small next to our one year old mastiff tho...

·
Registered
494 Posts
A few weeks ago when I took Maggie to the vet she only weighed 48 pounds....females are much different then males.  Herbie was weighed two weeks ago and he is 63!!  Vet said they will grow differently and have different builds.....he said they go through growth spurts just like our skin kids!!  Thank goodness these two have fur or I would be broke buying clothes......LOL

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Angel is 2 1/2 and weighs 52 lbs, BUT, it's all in the breeding..Look at the parents, the grandparents to get an idea of size...Every Boxer is different, you cannot compare one to another..They grow at different rates and mature at different rates...She may very well be in the midst of a growth spurt and then she will slack off...

·
Registered
913 Posts
We, at a little over 5 months are at 37 lbs..but to be honest, I have seem barely any growth in the past couple weeks. I am hoping ( have my fingers crossed ) we go through a growth spurt this week-end..I actually get house work done cuz she sleeps, and sleeps. I don't really KNOW if I want her to get big..but like Willow stated..the genetics are the key factor.
It's always fun to see your baby at 2 years..and full sized..you just neve know what your going to get!!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Isis was about 35 lbs @ 5 months, and now she's about 55 lbs.  She's slender and muscular.  That's one of the most attractive features of a boxer....their build.

·
Registered
893 Posts
Delila is 45 lbs at 8 1/2 months. I hope she stays tiny. I already have a 95 lb lap dog.

·
Registered
40 Posts
i got a male boxer age 5 months old and he is already 50 lbs and he eats alot. he is very slender but muscular.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts