Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How big should a 13 week old female boxer be?  I want to track her progress now that she's been treated for the worms...how much should a puppy that is 13 weeks be gaining per week?  She has been gaining about 1.5 lbs per week since we got her...or less...what is normal?

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
It just depends o the dog.  You should ask your vet what he considers normal for Jetta.  

In my case, Lilly is above average size for an adult female at 60# (average weight) and 23.5 inches at the withers (withers=shoulder; average height for an adult male).  So, as you can see, Lilly is taller than she "should be".  However, so long Jetta is healthy, I wouldn't worry top much.  You never know.  She may be petite now, but she could end up above average in size when she is full grown.

Sorry I couldn't be more help.

BTW...She is getting big!!!  And she is too cute for words!!!  I love the "bashful/flirty" look she has in your siggy pix!!!  Too cute!!!

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
im sure if she is healthy then everything is ok. Some boxers on here are really big and others are on the smaller size. Just know that you are not alone. I think so many of us worry that our puppies are not progressing normally" but we just need to remember that normalcy is relative and she may be just the size she was meant to be at this point in time. Either way you know shell get bigger now the worms are gone so good luck!

·
Registered
6,026 Posts
Henry was about 14 weeks old when we got him.  He was very skinny and flea covered and sick.  And he weighed 20 pounds.  We didn't do a weekly weigh, but within a month he gained 5 pounds, even with being sick.  I guess that's about a pound a week.  But the next month, he gained 7 pounds!  Then it was just slow and gradual weight gain.  Now he's 14 months old, 23 inches at the shoulder, and weighs 58 pounds. :D

So I think a pound a week or more is normal.  My opinion.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts