Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys i know i am not the only one with this problem. it is disgusting to us all, but my Reese will NOT stay out of the cat box!  :sick: It has got to the point she isnt touching her food, she sits back and waits to see if she can get some poo. She didnt eat all day sat and just a tidbit on sun. I find the cat litter all over the floor when i walk towards the downstairs bathroom where the box is kept. I cant close the door or else mr whiskerson wont be able to go, but if i leave it open Reese tries to feast. There really isnt another place we can keep the box either. Savannah did this when she first got to the house but stopped when she was caught, but Reese wont stop. Ideas???  :bshelp:

·
Registered
375 Posts
My friend has a Boxer (Ebony) and she will not stay out of the cat box either.

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
Ewww Reese!!  :puke:
Can you use a baby gate to section off where the cat box is? The cat could jump over the gate, but Reese won't be able to get to it. You could buy gates that you can put up but still will allow you to close the door without taking the gate down.
Another option would be to get a covered cat box and keep the opening kind of caddy corner so the cat could get in and out, but would make it difficult for reese to stick her head in there.
That's all I have... :roll:
No kisses Reese until you stop this!  :eh:

·
Registered
4,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
We tried the baby gate, but Reese can clear it!! She just hops on over like it is nothing. I didnt think about the lid to the cat box though, i will see if i can pic one up-it may be worth getting a whole new box with lid if i cant find just a lid

·
Registered
214 Posts
can you put the box in a higher place so the cat can jump up there but Reese cant??? On top of the dryer works in my house!!!!

·
Registered
4,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
sadly that isnt an option in my house. Mr.Whiskerson is a bit of a lazy man. the only thing he jumps on is the couch or the bed. He wont jump over the baby gate let alone on top of the dryer!! we dont have room in the upstairs bathroom for the box or it would go in there.

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Oh someone help me out here, I know there is something you can feed your pets that make them not want to do that and for the life of me I can't remember what it is....Andrea, that seems to happen a lot with young pups and I know they grow out of it, but oh lord, not fun right now huh? Especially as Reese will not eat her food! I'm hoping someone will know what it is you can feed them & I'll ask around too...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts