Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently just bought a boxer puppy off a friend of a friend they told me she is pure boxer? However I find she has a very long snout? Can anyone help me here and tell me what you think? Do some boxers have long snouts?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Yes, she can easily be a purebred boxer...many have longer snouts...the parents probably weren't conformation champions...but...oh well...She sure is a pretty girl no matter what...

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
She certainly can be pure bred as stated by stiflersmom, but probably not a very good representation of the breed. Did you see the parents? Doesn't mean she won't be all boxer throughout though! She is lovely. :)

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
she is precious!!! she doesnt have the standard smush face and that probably means that she wasnt bred to standard... maybe there is another breed thrown in there for good measure lol. but she is totally precious and I certainly wouldnt throw her outta the house :clap2:

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Well and she's still growing...this includes features on the face....but I do see snout and big jowels. I'd like to see what she looks like all through her growth stage...just think it would be interesting...she's a cute one!

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Amis,

I can’t really say if your Boxer looks like a boxer. I am not US based; our boxers in Germany have a shorter muzzle (and other things) so only people who have US boxers will be able to say if they see only a boxer or a mix, you should rely on their experience.

I am not sure if it is the same in the US but if a breeder/kennel in Germany does not have any pedigree papers then the breeder/kennel can swear blind that he is selling you a boxer, but officially it will always be regarded as a mix.

I guess the only real way to answer the question is to ask if it has pedigree paperwork. If not, you will probably never find out.

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
A lot of pupppies will have the looks of a longer nose until they grow into all their "parts"..It's also possible that the parents weren't up to standard, or somewhere back in the lineage there was a cross breeding..Hard to say, she is a cutie pie tho..I'm assuming there was no paperwork, correct?

·
Registered
4,744 Posts
If not, you will probably never find out.
You can get DNA test kits if you really wanted to know. I believe the big petstores sell them like Petsmart here...not sure what you have in the states. I think they run like $50.

She's very pretty! Congrats on bringing her into your life!

·
Banned
7,576 Posts
She's a little dollbaby, whether pure or not. Unless you are dying of curiosity (could have the DNA test done) or had considered showing (in which case you would need papers) I don't think I'd worry too much. Just enjoy that pretty girly.

·
Registered
5 Posts
She looks alot like my boxer, Layla. I was worried about that also... my mom was convinced that she was mixed with some kind of hound cuz she's got speckled ears too. But the older and bigger she gets, it seems like she looks more like a boxer. I think she'll grow into the snout soon enough though. Your girl is adorable!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts