Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have seen this before, but just came across it again today.  Have the tissues ready. If you don't want to cry, leave now.

"How Could You?"
By Jim Willis

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Dang it Tootsie...I have read that before as well, forgot how much of a heartbreaker it was....Such a sad story, but even worse is the fact that it happens all too often...Just makes me want to cuddle up with my 2 and let them know how much I love them and promise I would never leave them.... :cry:

·
Registered
2,718 Posts
Tootsie you made me cry at work!  :oops:   That's okay though, no one was looking.  I don't even want to think about how many dogs this happens to.  I wouldn't leave Lola in a shelter for all the money in the world!

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
I've also seen this before... of course this is probably the most I've cried... you know since I'm all hormonal from the pregnancy!!  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:

·
Registered
159 Posts
I've read that before too. since I've been on my own I've always had a dog or dogs. I've also had two out of state job offers, but I refused them. There is no way on God's green earth I'd let my dogs go. My wife and I aren't going to have kids, so our dogs are our kids. Dog=unconditional love. 24/7. No matter who you are, to your dog you are the center of the universe--Rich

·
Registered
948 Posts
I've read this a million times and cried everytime I read it...

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
:( That brings back memories of when i had to put down my boxer years ago because of a brain tumour :(

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
I never read this before.  It is too bad it is true for so many pets.

·
Registered
780 Posts
Cry everytime I read it.  It is so sad how many people can actually do that, our babies are our family.  My husband has had several offers for jobs in other states and a few we have taken but our babies always came with us.  Now we don't even like to go on vacation because we can't take them with us...so we just stay here and enjoy them.  :D

·
Registered
270 Posts
Ok....i just cried reading that!!  It kinda hit home because when I was younger I had to take a stray dog to the pound.....I cried for many, many days after that one!  It is amazing how ones life does change, and how people do tend to view their dogs.....best friends, then just dogs.  They are forever best friends to me!  Boxers are too darn cute to have them be anything else!

·
Registered
905 Posts
Oh God, that is the saddest thing I've ever read in my life - I'm bawling my eyes out here at my desk.  All I want to do now is go home to my kids and hug them all day long.

They should make that compulsory reading for all people who are turning in pets at shelters.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts