Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought I would brag about how good my Macy is.  This afternoon I was feeling kinda bad because with the kitchen remodel I didn't spend much time with her so after a dump run My husband and I too her to the park.  We then realized we had an appt. at Home Depot so we decided to taker her with us and I would just sit outside with her while he did the ordering of our counter tops.  Well while I was outside walking around with her my husband called and said that it would be fine to bring her in.  On my way through the door a car pulled up and a woman and her daughter got out and were so excited.  They knew exactly what she was, which is a surprise because since she is white a lot of people thing she is a pit.  Anyway, they apparently have 5 boxers and love them.  They immediatley fell in love with her.  I sat outside and talked to them for a good 45 minutes and Macy just loved the attention.  

I took her inside and did have a hard time getting her back to the counter department because there were so many things for her to look at she kept getting distracted but she still did really well.  While we were sitting there going through the painful experience of ordering granite (btw, it is the most horrid thing I have done a very long time.) Macy layed down and just watched the people walking by.  She did so well so many people just walked by in astonishment that she wasn't freaking out.  Then we had to walk over and pick out a faucet and she stayed right by my side.  While looking at faucets another boxer owner came up to me and again we got to talking.  They as well fell in love with her.  

Now at this point she has been absolutley e wonderful and she has had to be good for a full hour and a half.  We then had to go up and pay which took another half hour and she again just laid there and let us do our thing and another boxer owner came up and was in disbelief of how good she was being they even said that there would be no possible way to bring there boxer to a store like that.  

I am just blown away and happy to be a part of the boxer owner family.  I couldn't believe how friendly other boxer owners are.  It is almost like you become part of the special group of friends that you can only be a part of if you own a boxer.  I am loving every minute of it and am way surprised with how much joy my Macy has brought to me in the short time she has been here.  I can't imagine my life without her already.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Good job Macy! Other boxer owners are great aren't they? We have several boxers here where we live. We all wave hi and stop to talk dog whenever we see each other.

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
Awwww Good Girl Macy!!!

Yes, I too, find that Boxer owners are part of a "family". It's wonderful to hear such a sweet story.

xoxo

Julia

·
Registered
7,902 Posts
Lucky you, My big bundle of fur would have eaten the samples, sat on the table and licked the sales guy to death. . . .But he would have looooved the attention, hes a real people dog. :angel:

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
I love hearing stories like that and I remember someone else saying that dogs were allowed in HD, never tried it tho....Macy just wanted to help pick out the granite :lol:

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Charlie is fairly calm by himself.  But it would take a bit of time for him to become comfortable.  Sadie will be pulling/tugging constantly.  She's jealous and always wants to be the center of attention.

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
Wonderful!!!!....I took Cain into Lowes twice over the weekend, put him in the shopping cart. Jeez!...I should have had a puppy back when I was 18 and single!...LOL!

·
Registered
6,026 Posts
Yay Macy! :D
Henry goes in the hardware stores with me all the time.  Several people that work there, know him by name!   They even ask where's Henry when I don't have him with me!:D

·
Registered
3,671 Posts
Aww, what a great story! Macy sounds like sucha wonderful girl!

Yeah, i guess dogs are allowed in home depot...I saw two lil' shit tzu's in these peoples carts a couple days ago!

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ya know I am so happy with her.   My parents have always had standard poodles and I always though I wanted one because of how good they were but Macy has got them beat by a long shot.  She is so smart and learned to "come" today with signing.  She is learning more and more.  I took her to the park today for 2 hrs and we just played and then layed on the dock for ever it was so nice.  I just moved her from Idaho and have lost all my friends and I now for the first time feel that I have a best friend again.  My husband and I seem to have very soft hearts when it comes to animals but for some reason they always prefer my husband well not anymore ;)

·
Registered
725 Posts
That is such a great story! What a good girl!! Not quite sure we could take Gus to Home Depot  :lol:

By the way, I now am dreading our granite shopping...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts