Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I love pictures of boxers "stacked". I'd love to this myself, but I'm having trouble.

Hoosier will let me reposition his legs fine, but its his head that's tough. Anyone have tips on how to properly stack? Right now he tends to hold his head down, instead of at attention. I'd also like to get him to lean forward to show off his muscles.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've check out a few...I figured I would also check out the boxer experts for tips too.  I realize he's young too, but I've seen 6 month olds in the ring! We got time to get in shape for my unofficial shows and photo opps!

·
Registered
8,155 Posts
People stack at 13 weeks!  Nope not to young.   I cannot get mine to stand still.

Some people use these esp show kennels www.happylegs.com   I use big stewed tomato cans - same point, and they are a heck of a lot cheaper.....  

Mine free stack a lot, so I dont have too many stacking tips to give you!!!  Plus mine never stand still - LOL

Stacking is a good way to see overall characteristic of the boxer, like their topline, their rear angulation as well as if they are square or not.   A profile give a nice definition of the nose too!

·
Registered
496 Posts
Haven is only four months and we work on her stack at lease three times a week. The first thing is to keep it positive make it fun. Once I get her lets in place. I will hold a treat and let her see I have it then close it in my hand. So she is looking for me to give her the treat but does not give it until holding her stack. It puts her head high and at attention she pulls her body tighter and HOPEFULLY one day she will not have to see the treat first to stand still but know if she does it it will be there, But for know I let her see it then hide it in my hand. Which I hold above her head. I agree it taken A LOT OF PATIENTS! I can pass along a tip that was given to me if you pick up there behind usually there back legs fall in place. Ok I hope this was not to confusing and hope it helps.
Samantha

I am also posting two pictures of haven stacked. One she moved when taking the photo. OH YA sometimes it takes two. I know in the picture I am going to post with her on a lead. That was a team effort. My husband and I. LOL I can tell you it just takes time and lots of practice. I am still learning and so is haven.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I generally start my puppies stacking on the table and floor at 4 weeks. Very short and quick.
Not expecting them to stay, but get used to it.
By 7-8 weeks I have them on the standing box
Here's my Zambini at 12 weeks on the stand box my dad made for me

I leash train from 4 weeks, but don't start using the collar for stand until about 8 weeks and then using it very gently.
From 8 weeks, I just do quick stacks about 6 times radomly thruout the day. I reward for standing still. eventually they learn to just stand, then rewards come for leaning forward without moving their foot position.

I like to start them in a handling class for finer tuning and distractions at about 20 weeks.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Skyboxers\";p=\"50322 said:
Haven is only four months and we work on her stack at lease three times a week. The first thing is to keep it positive make it fun. Once I get her lets in place. I will hold a treat and let her see I have it then close it in my hand. So she is looking for me to give her the treat but does not give it until holding her stack. It puts her head high and at attention she pulls her body tighter and HOPEFULLY one day she will not have to see the treat first to stand still but know if she does it it will be there, But for know I let her see it then hide it in my hand. Which I hold above her head. I agree it taken A LOT OF PATIENTS! I can pass along a tip that was given to me if you pick up there behind usually there back legs fall in place. Ok I hope this was not to confusing and hope it helps.
Samantha

I am also posting two pictures of haven stacked. One she moved when taking the photo. OH YA sometimes it takes two. I know in the picture I am going to post with her on a lead. That was a team effort. My husband and I. LOL I can tell you it just takes time and lots of practice. I am still learning and so is haven.

Haven sure favors Hondo alot.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts