Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
SO MY BEST FRIEND BOUGHT THE HOUSE NEXT DOOR! YEAH WE WERE REALLY EXCITED.

WHEN SHE USED TO COME OVER SHE WOULD GET ITCHY FROM THE DOGS BUT LEARNED TO STAY AWAY FROM THEM AS SHE IS REALLY SENSATIVE (BOTH SKIN AND FEELINGS )

SHE IS AN ANIMAL LOVER SHE HAS CATS FOR GOSH SAKES - BUT SHE HAS REALLY BEEN GETTING IRRITATED BY THEIR FUR - I FEEL BAD BUT WHAT AM I TO DO?

I CANT OR SHALL I SAY I WONT KEEP THE DOGS LOCKED UP OR OFF MY COUCHES OR ANYWHERE ELSE IN THE HOUSE - SHE REALIZES THAT IT IS THEIR HOUSE BUT SAYS THE MEANEST THINGS LIKE I HAVE TO GO HOME AND PLAY WITH MY CATS THAT DONT MAKE ME ITCH! I AM STUCK BETWEEN MY BABIES AND ONE OF THE BEST FRIENDS I HAVE EVER HAD - THE HUBBY SAYS LEAVE IT ALONE BUT WHEN SHE TELLS THEM TO GET AWAY I GET OFFENDED?

P.S SHE CANT TAKE ANY ALLERGY MEDS CAUSE SHE HAS WEIRD SIDE EFFECTS!!!

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
If she is a good friend have a heart to heart with her, she should understand if she is an animal lover.  She wouldn't want anyone to talk about her cats that way.

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
I agree with the heart to heart.  If she's a true friend she should understand.  My best friend is afraid of dogs.  Lucky for us though we only see each other from time to time & it's usually for a girls night.  No bf/hubbies or dogs allowed!!

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
that sucks, but I'd put my foot down that in my house the dogs have certain freedoms, maybe your get togethers can be primarily at her house since she's uncomfortable at yours.  but I like you would not lock up the dogs, I think when people come to my house they know what's there and should be prepared :)

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
I agree, can you spend more time at her house?  You shouldn't keep your dogs off the furniture just for her since she doesn't live there, but try not to be offended when she tells them to go away.
Can you imagine if you were allergic to cats? You wouldn't expect her to keep the cats locked up, but you probably wouldn't want to be around them anyway.

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
Sorry, but I sort of had to chuckle at this post. My s-daughter, Rachel grew up with our boxer Sophie. She loved that dog like crazy told everyone she had a sister, Sophie. They did everything together: dress up, baby bottles, snuggles...you name it. Occasionally, Rach broke out in hives on her arms from Sophies hair. When it got too bad she'd sometimes take an oral antihistamine but usually cortisone cream would help quicker. I'm sorry this has caused a problem with your friend but it's a little rude to come to your house and crank about your dogs  8O I agree, I think I'd plan get togethers at her house whenever possible.

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
Boy, does THIS hit home!! One of my good friends has said the WORST things IN MY HOUSE about my babies. She refers to them as "Shi**ers on a string"!  :evil: She has "allergies" and we have come to an agreement that we do things away from my house--but still the remarks come! SIGH! It's SO hurtful. The name-calling is so not okay with me.

Sometimes even talking to these people doesn't work.   :(

Julia

·
Registered
403 Posts
Since this is your best friend........If I were you  I would simply put up your dogs when she is over.......The rest of the time the dogs have all there freedoms....
Your skin kids will love you just as much even if they have to spend some time put up while you spend time with your best friend.
I would hope if the situation were reversed she would do the same for you!

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Touchy situation..You don't want to lose a friend, but you also don't want to have to confine your babies....I would try to go to her house more and also have a talk about diplomacy :) There are ways to say things that don't come across so badly...Myself personally I would be more open to someone who explained nicely WHY they had problems with my dogs

·
Registered
4,661 Posts
If she were truly a best friend then she wouldnt be hurt by you stating how you feel. I hope everything works out ok

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
id train the dogs to rub on her whenever she talked..then she would keep her mouth shut...jk lol but seriously im sure if you just tell her you dont like that and she is a good friend she will respect that and just not say these offensive things anymore. if it doesnt work then teach the dogs to rub against her when she talks. :D

·
Registered
7,902 Posts
Donya\";p=\"109317 said:
id train the dogs to rub on her whenever she talked..then she would keep her mouth shut...jk lol but seriously im sure if you just tell her you dont like that and she is a good friend she will respect that and just not say these offensive things anymore. if it doesnt work then teach the dogs to rub against her when she talks. :D
:axe:
Lol. . . . .Im with Donya , my dogs come first always, if people dont like them then they dont have to come round, fur babies are better then skin freinds any day!

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Be nice, but let her know that it's your house and your rules.  Completely disrespectful for her to make comments.  Maybe you guys need to set up a time that you can go get lunch or a coffee and talk.  Then casually talk when your both outside.

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Everyone that knows me knows they better like animals if they come to my home - friend or family. We hosted a party one time and I had to tell someone to leave my home because I did not appreciate the way they were treating Sam. Since she is right next door, just go to her house instead her coming to your place.

·
Registered
725 Posts
Skylar\";p=\"109463 said:
Everyone that knows me knows they better like animals if they come to my home - friend or family.
I totally agree!

But since she is your friend, the right thing to do would be to talk to her about it...but having your fur babies rub all over her when she is rude to them would be even better!!! :)) Sorry, but I don't take kindly to people being rude to my babies.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts