Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When we first got our boxer 3 years ago we didnt have kids, only another small mixed breed dog, they get along great, now that my son is a year old, my boxer LOVES to play with him, she accepted him from day one when we brought him home, very protective over him as well. she does however get very excited around other older kids..sometimes i have to put her away, i think its b/c the other kids get her excited and she loves them and thinks she is small but she isnt.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Well i will know this one when my girlfriend delivers our first baby around February. But as of right now when my niece comes over Zeus and Dante are just so excited that i have to put them in another room because they get really excited as well and they try to run her over.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
LOL thats exactly what mine does when around older kids, she gets all excited and tries to run them over as well..but with my 1y/o son she is careful..guess its cause she is used to him and thinks he is "hers"

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
My Boxer has three skin kids (2-5 yr old) that she loves!!!  She's great with them!!!

Liz and Lilly

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
My girl is great with kids!! Well mine anyways lol 3yr old and a 4 month old! With others (always older and crazier) she gets all riled(sp?) up but all I have to do is say Roxy calm down in a stern voice and she'll calm down! For a little bit anyway :lol:

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Samson is wonderful around kids, very protective and calm...Angel hasn't been around any, well a few at meetup, but they were older and she mostly ignored them, more fun to play with the boxers!! Lol...

·
Registered
4,661 Posts
Reese and Savannah are great around my daughter (6yrs old) but they run from every other kid, adult, leave, and blade of grass they come across!!

·
Registered
6,026 Posts
Henry loves kids!  My son is 13 and they "wrestle" and it is a little bit difficult to get him to not "wrestle" other kids, but he's doing well.  He especially likes it when I take my son to church for youth group.  All the teenage girls oooing and awing over him, he loves it!  He is unsure of babies and doesn't really like to do anything but have a little sniff.  As far as small - medium size kids, he seems to want to "box" them, but I don't let him.
I ramble too much! 8O
Z

·
Registered
977 Posts
Voltaire is never mean but he is a great big clumsy brute. He chases, jumps on and generally won't leave kids alone - they absolutely facinate him and i get completely stressed because he knocks the small ones down and jumps on the bigger ones. :roll: I don't have kids so he wrestles with hubby and then doesn't realize a visiting 12 year old isn't as strong......
Even hubby had to go to work a couple of days ago with a big claw scratch mark down his face 8O
Then again a couple came to visit with a baby and Voltaire just sat in front of her and stared and stared- kept licking the babys fingers (whilst she kept sticking them in his nostrils)- i did wonder if he was trying to have a taste :lol:
p.s. Anyone hear that story about a pitbull puppy eating the baby's fingers whilst the drugged out parents were sleeping in the same room???

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
caillou\";p=\"15729 said:
Voltaire is never mean but he is a great big clumsy brute. He chases, jumps on and generally won't leave kids alone - they absolutely facinate him and i get completely stressed because he knocks the small ones down and jumps on the bigger ones. :roll: I don't have kids so he wrestles with hubby and then doesn't realize a visiting 12 year old isn't as strong......
Even hubby had to go to work a couple of days ago with a big claw scratch mark down his face 8O
Then again a couple came to visit with a baby and Voltaire just sat in front of her and stared and stared- kept licking the babys fingers (whilst she kept sticking them in his nostrils)- i did wonder if he was trying to have a taste :lol:
p.s. Anyone hear that story about a pitbull puppy eating the baby's fingers whilst the drugged out parents were sleeping in the same room???
OMG to the last part, i havent heardof that!!??

·
Registered
20 Posts
Royce is a little odd.... Some kids he doesn't mind at all he will play and run and have a good time, but with some he stairs and growls at them, witch really worries me. He's also like that with adults too, some he likes and others he doesn't... especialy if he's in the yard anyone who walks by he barks and growls and follows them up and down the fence of the yard. He can be a real meany???

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
Jessie loves kids... My nephew was laying in his swing the other day and jessie wouldnt stop licking his head and feet!!!  

Maggie doesnt really pay much attention to him unless he's crying...  But she does sleep in his room.

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
Kiah loves kids but she gets so excited when they are around.  I tell her to settle and she does for about 10 seconds and then she is crazy again.  I wanted a picture of my nephews kids with her and it took about 15 minutes to settle her down.  Here is the picture and you can see she is panting from all the excitement.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
[quote="kiahsmom\";p=\"15740":25e4vasw]Kiah loves kids but she gets so excited when they are around.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Lola acts normal around kids, just like if she was meeting a new adult.  We had Lola and my neighbors 2 boxers at my softball game last night and they were the center of attention, constantly had kids petting and playing with them.

·
Registered
977 Posts
It was a baby's toes........ 8O

BOSSIER CITY, La. -- Bossier City police said a couple was asleep as their pit bull puppy chewed off four of their baby daughter's toes.

The parents have been booked with criminal negligence. Police said the couple put their baby in a dangerous situation. They did not say why the couple did not awaken to the baby's cries sooner.

The month-old girl underwent surgery Sunday at Sutton's Children's Hospital at Christus Schumpert in Shreveport.

Police said there was no chance to reattach the child's toes.

Mary Shannon Hansche, 22, and Christopher Wayne Hansche, 26, are being held in the Bossier Parish Jail pending their initial court appearance.

The 6-week-old puppy had no record of receiving its shots and will be quarantined for 10 days to check for rabies.

Police said the parents were sleeping on a mattress in the living room of their residence and the baby was in an infant seat beside them when the puppy began chewing on their baby's toes.

The Hansches told police they woke up to the sound of the baby crying, found her mangled foot and took her to the hospital Sunday morning.

Nurses and doctors at Willis Knighton Bossier Hospital alerted police.

Police said the negligence charges apply because the child was under the age of 10 and was exposed to a danger from which she could not protect herself.

http://www.wdsu.com/news/10512012/detail.html
p.s i'm not having a go at pitbulls this could happen with any dog.

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
OMG Annette that is just terrible!!!!!!!! :cry:  That poor little girl must have been crying for hours!!

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
OMG!  how is it possible to not hear a baby screaming when they are right next to you!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts