Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

how does your boxer ride

1K views 16 replies 16 participants last post by  DUKE01 
#1 ·
I let Deuce ride in the front seat with me.  He will just sit there and look at me most the time or lay down and go to sleep.  Rarely does he look out the window and he hasn't even tried to stick his head out the window yet.  One of my friends has a boxer and she is bouncing off the wall in the car.  How does your boxer ride in the car

#4 ·
Kaci and Milo love to stick their heads out the window...Kaci will only keep her head out until 40 mph though...then it's just too much. :lol: I don't usually let them ride in my car, but hubby takes them for rides allll the time in his car and they FREAK OUT when you ask them if they want to go for a ride. oy...they're so spoiled.

#8 ·
Delilah used to love sticking her head out the window but now she can't really reach with my 2 door car :(  It was soo funny to look in the side view mirror and see her ears and jowls flapping in the wind!
She rides really well though, and will lay down to sleep after 15 or so minutes of looking out the window quietly.
Felix generally isn't so quiet, especially when we go to the dog park- he can tell where we are and starts pacing and whining until we stop the car!
He tries to stick his head out the front window too from the back seat  :roll: I always make sure he has his leash/seat belt on so he couldn't get out if he tried (though he hasn't tried)

#11 ·
Allie rides shotgun or in the back seat.  She loves to put her head out the window.  If she sits in the front seat, she positions herself so she can get a belly rub.  If she's in the backseat, she will try to inch forward and rest her head on the console she can get an ear scratch and if she doesn't have her seatbelt on, she will inch forward until she is in the lap of the passenger.

#13 ·
Great pics you guys....Samson used to ride shotgun with me, but never leaned out the window. Now with 2, they both are relegated to the back seat...Angel, I don't trust, so if I leave the window down it's just enuf that her nose can stick out...Both have their "spot" and generally will asleep with their heads resting on the back back seat :)

#17 ·
Duke used to ride in the front seat with his head resting on the window but after his car accident he will only sit in the front seat if the window is up and he will sit as closed to you as he can with his paw resting on your arm.  If he is in the back seat his head is hanging out the window.  

Bentley is still small so he likes to sit where ever Duke is so lately he's been laying down under Duke.  Its cute.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.