Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys!
I have been seeing a lot of posts from people saying that they had boxer for like 20 years what is crazy to me lol (but i totally get it, after my boy, i cant see myself without one lol)
Thinking of that, i want to hear about your guys first experience with the breed, what made you get one and why do you like so much?

For me is this insane energy that they have, even cuddling my puppy will be going nuts lol

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
My first Boxer was a very sad and poorly cared for product of a back yard breeder she was everything you should NOT get in a dog!!!! A friend of mine told me about knowing this woman who had Boxer puppies so I didn't have a dog at the time had only had German shepherds before that. I went and looked at her and felt so bad for her I took her she had every worm known to man, eye and ear infections and UTI and a skin problem she was not all that outgoing or friendly at the time but my heart just broke for her so I took her and after getting her well she turned out to be a spectacular dog I was very lucky under the conditions I got her from that she never had another health problem and in fact lived to be 13. Knowing what I know now I would NEVER do that again! All of my Boxers have been wonderful dogs and have been a pleasure to own I have run into a few unexpected health problems but for the most part my time with them has been wonderful.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My first Boxer was a very sad and poorly cared for product of a back yard breeder she was everything you should NOT get in a dog!!!! A friend of mine told me about knowing this woman who had Boxer puppies so I didn't have a dog at the time had only had German shepherds before that. I went and looked at her and felt so bad for her I took her she had every worm known to man, eye and ear infections and UTI and a skin problem she was not all that outgoing or friendly at the time but my heart just broke for her so I took her and after getting her well she turned out to be a spectacular dog I was very lucky under the conditions I got her from that she never had another health problem and in fact lived to be 13. Knowing what I know now I would NEVER do that again! All of my Boxers have been wonderful dogs and have been a pleasure to own I have run into a few unexpected health problems but for the most part my time with them has been wonderful.
Oh god i can only imagine how hard must that been for her, good that she found someone that gave her a good life

1 - 4 of 4 Posts