Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just had to share my laughs with you guys today.  As you know, we brought home a new boxer baby 3 weeks ago, Ginger.  Well, we've been crating her while at work since she came home.  Well, yesterday I purchased 2 baby gates to confine her to our front entrance, thinking she would have a little more room to romp and play.  Well, it's cold here, so 2 year old Gunnar has been staying in, too.  This morning I put Ginger in the area and Gunnar was looking over the gate and crying piteously.  I was like "Gunnar, come on, come here with Ginger. "  Oh, he wanted to go SO bad.  He'd put his paws on the gate and look over, wailing at the top of his little boxer voice.  I just automatically assumed that he could make it over the gate.  They're what, 24 inches or so from the ground??  Heck, we have a 6 foot fence in the back yard, and when a squirrel runs across the electric lines, he is jumping almost to the top of the fence!!  So what is up with the gate??  He can stand next to it,  it only comes to his shoulders!!  I just laughed at him, crying for Ginger!  Had to open the gate and let him walk through!!  So I thought by lunch he would've figured it out and been snoozing on my bed when I come to let him out, but nope, he's still in with Ginger!!  It was the funniest thing, all the little clown needs to do is raise his paws and step over it!!  Just had to share!! :lol:

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Oh I am laughing at that....Obviously Gunnar really didn't want out that bad.. You are right tho, he easily could have gotten over that gate if he wanted.. Tia scaled a 6 1/2 ft fence regularly...Took me awhile to figure out how she was doing it.. Buck I have seen leap from a standing position close to 5 ft straight up....God what athletes!!!!!

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
Maddie can be standind still and just spring over a four foot fence like nothing. It really amazed me because my other boxer Buster had hip dysplasia and bad knees also, so he couldn't really jump or bounce. But, I never really realized it until I got Maddie. I think she is part kangaroo!  8O

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
[quote="tootsie\";p=\"2761":1x8xld42]Maddie can be standind still and just spring over a four foot fence like nothing. It really amazed me because my other boxer Buster had hip dysplasia and bad knees also, so he couldn't really jump or bounce. But, I never really realized it until I got Maddie. I think she is part kangaroo!

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
JessiesMom\";p=\"2769 said:
we call her a kangaboxer! LOL!

haha!!  :rofl:  love it!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts