Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

How long after a dental....

959 views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  fbalogh 
#1 ·
...does it take for bad breath to go away?

G
#2 ·
My little sis got her Pomchi this summer.  Within an hour of getting a bath, she reeked.  After about 3 months on a good, quality diet, her fur grew back better and now she can go about a month between baths.  I think with time the smell should go away, if she is anything like my sis' poor neglected pomchi.

#3 ·
Not sure on the breath thing, but you could use unscented baby wipes and wipe her down every day, those work well. Also Miracle Coat makes a great spray that's a conditioner and also acts like 'doggie perfume"

#5 ·
I plan on brushing her teeth but unfortunately at this point it is futile.  Her teeth are REALLY bad.  Her dental is on Wednesday and after that will get regular brushing.  I tried the other day but just caused a lot of gum bleeding.  Her teeth are so bad that just carrying around stuffies causes her gums to bleed.  I have to wash all of her toys and dishes while she is at the vet to get rid of the germies on them.  Its been a while since I have had a dog have a dental.  I guess my biggest concern is how long it takes for the stinky breath to go away after the teeth are cleaned.  I am also going to ask about Aqua Dent water additive.  I have heard good things about it helping freshen breath and keep teeth clean.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.