Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
What size bags are we talking about? If you mean 40 lb bags, I would definitely not order that much...Ok, Samson goes thru a 40 lb bag in 2 months, so the most I get is 2 bags at a time..I store in heavy duty plastic containers. One in the house & one out in the shop. I think if you order too much, you run the risk of the food going stale or turning....When I get a second dog, I'll up my order to 3 bags, but no more than that. I realize you do get more of a break with the bigger quantities, but in the long run it may not be worth it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I wouldn't recommend it. A 40lb bag lasts us about 6 or 7 weeks, so that many bags would probably lead to food past it's recommended date. I wouldn't get more than 2 big bags at a time.

·
Registered
412 Posts
This topic has been debated many times elswhere. The consensus was not to purchase more than A 1 month supply at a time as the food will stail. Also, keep it in it's original bag even if you place it inside a plastic container. One reason is to keep the sun out,the sun deteriates many nutrients. the other was the plastic itself is not a purfectly smooth substance. It has very small crevices that gather fat and this goes rancid in time. Thus contaminating your new food. In short better to buy less to stay fresh.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts