Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I switched my dogs to Canidae All Life Stages about 1 1/2 weeks ago mainly cause of some gas issues and hair loss and I have noticed no change in either.  Is there a recommended length of time before there should be a noticeable change.  Also I have read other forums that state with "better" food their dogs pooped less and ate less.  Mine seem ravenous all the time and they go 5 or 6 times a day.  I am guessing this means I should try another brand, but I don't want to jump the gun.  Any thoughts??

·
Registered
893 Posts
It can take up to 6 weeks to notice a change. Give a little pumpkin or yogurt for gi distress and loose poops.

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Did you do the food switch "cold turkey?" If so that could explain why you are still having issues..Having said that, if you did it slowly, it very well could be that the Canidae just isn't agreeing with your dogs...Definitely try a teaspoon of plain, non fat yogurt to help with the gas..A lot of times, depending on what food you were using, it can take about a month for your dogs to get used to a new food..Also as the premium foods tend to be richer, it sometimes is actually "too rich"..Best thing to do if you decide to switch again, get some samples from diffferent companies to try and see how it goes.....Again, this has been said a number of times, what works for one, does not mean it will work for another, a lot of times you really have to try several foods before finding one that works well

1 - 3 of 3 Posts