Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday was Maple's 4 months b/d so of course I bought her a bunch more toys (like she needed them) but she was so happy! and one of them is a bully stick, I gave it to her this morning and she was at it for an hour! didn't even move or anything just persistently chewing on that thing lol.  so I was wondering how long is ok for a puppy to gnaw at that thing, I took it away because it was starting to get all soft and rubbery since she was focused on one side of it, and it was starting to smell like there were cows in the house lol.
p.s. what are those things made of? on the wrapping it said "tendon" but the girl at the store told me it was bull... reproductive organ  :D

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
hahaha....it is bull penis...Fiona is not allowed to chew on one with my hubby home, he has issues with it! :)  I would say that a long chew is okay, just make sure Maple is not chewing until her gums bleed or become irritated....Fiona will chew forever too.  I give it to her if I need to clean the house or something to keep her from following me from room to room....

·
Registered
8,155 Posts
Mine will go to town - rule of thumb when it becomes two inches, its time to go into the trash.  Hanna has swallowed them before whole when she knew I was going to take it away, and never had issues with digestion.  So we try to stick to the two inch rule.

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
sharonL\";p=\"91727 said:
hahaha....it is bull penis...Fiona is not allowed to chew on one with my hubby home, he has issues with it! :)
LOL!  =))   her gums didn't bleed or anything i took it away 'cause the smell was starting to bother me lol, she is teething so she can chew on almost anything for a looooong time, thanks :)

·
Registered
8,155 Posts
Hanna will swallow a chicking wing whole - she is not right!!!  Gotta watch her, she has a problem with eating things, and hydro peroxide is not her friend (on non digestive things).

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
lol! Hanna sounds like a trip ha ha Maple snatches things in her mouth and bolts 'cause she wants me to chase her, so I can only imagine that when she gets big enough to swallow bigger things.......... man I hope its just a phase  :lol:

·
Registered
8,155 Posts
Undies are her favorite - only person who goes on pantry raids by herself.  However youd be amazed on the odd things you need to dog proof!!

G

·
0 Posts
yeah...Jetta always gets into the things I don't expect her to get into and never gets into things I do expect her to get into!

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
lol haven't had induce vomiting yet even though she has eaten mouthfulls of dirt and occasional small rocks, i guess not enough to cause discomfort, do they ever learn? doesn't seem so  :lol:

G

·
0 Posts
my mom's crazy dog LOVES peroxide...he is always trying to lick it off of her...he's even punctured a bottle of it once with his teeth, lol.  I've only ever given my pups one bully stick *from the HB stockings*  I just let them eat it all..both of mine are chewers and they chewed it to the very end.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Man, Cooper loves to eat dirt too!  Bugs the heck out of me!!!  He also loves to eat the banana plants around the side of the house.  H2O2 is actually pretty amazing to use.  I felt bad for Cooper after using it, but it really cleans out everything.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts