Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
4,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
of y'all keep your dogs kenneled at night verses having them in the same room as you?? the girls are kenneled, but after reading different posts through out the forum it seems we have a variety of options. Just wondering what everyone does at night

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
She isnt in her crate at night, but we no longer let her in our room.  We have her cornered in the kitchen.  There is a perfect spot for her thats about 3 x 3.  and the A/C is only a few feet away so its a cool area of the house!

·
Registered
491 Posts
My 2 sleep in the bed with me.  We have a doggy door so they have access to do 'potty time' when they feel the need.  Gunnar also stays up 1/2 the night 'guarding' mommy, he patrols the yard every few minutes it seems!!

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
Kiah sleeps with me; she allows me a small portion of the bed by morning  :lol:

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
Maddie is with me, or shall I say Maddie shares her king size bed with me.  :p  When hubby is home she sleeps in her bed in our bedroom.

·
Registered
508 Posts
MIne usually sleep in bed with me but since i have that little puppy around they have been sleeping outside. I hate doing it but thats what i have to do.

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
Vegas crate is near our bed. she sleeps in there most of the time but will climb up the comforter and sneak a early morning nap in with us after 5ish.

·
Registered
948 Posts
Toby use to sleep with me and now he either voluntarily crashes in his crate or on the doggy bed beside mine.. Mia usually sleeps in her crate but there will be occassional days where I want to bond so I *make* her sleep with me... ;)

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Samson never was crated at nite, but we crated Angel for a few months when we first got her. I think Marq started letting her sleep on the bed when I was in Hawaii. So she usually falls asleep on the bed, Samson on the floor by me, then sometime in the nite, they both move to couches...The only reason Samson isn't on the bed is cos it's getting hard for him to jump up..It's time to make some stairs for my senior..... :)

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
Tinkerbelle takes over the bed, queen sized bed and i get 1/4 of it. And Maddy is banished to the floor because she started to pee in her sleep. :(  But that is soon going to be fixed, hopefully.

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
Roxy sleeps on her bed in our room but when 530am rolls around when hubby gets up to go to work shell sneek in bed with me and my daughter;)

·
Registered
4,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i feel bad because we keep both girl kenneled at night, but that is only because i dont want Reese going pee since she is not house trained yet. she wont pee in the kennel, but i have left her out and she pee'd on the floor during the night. We didnt used to keep Savannah kenneled, that started after we got Reese. would it be wrong to let savannah stay out, but have reese kenneled until house trained?

·
Registered
236 Posts
Our two sleep with us.  Dixie since she was 8 weeks old and Champ within a couple of days of his adoption.  He started on the floor next to the bed and before long he was curling up at the foot of the bed.   Now he stretches himself out full length just like Dixie.  Dixie likes to sleep next to me on the edge and Champ likes to sleep between me and the hubby.  As if that's not enough,  their evil stepsister ( Peanut the cat ) demands a spot in the bed too.  They all snore, including the cat.

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
Nikki sleeps with us... but Odin sleeps in his crate... we've tried having him sleep with us since he's gotten bigger... but we just can't get any rest with him on our queen size bed. His crate is next to our bed though.

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Andrea. you can try it and see how it works, that's what we were doing til a couple months ago. Angel was crated and Samson wasn't...I agree Reese may be a bit too young yet, so crating is still a good idea for her...

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Chance is too small right now to make it up on our bed....lol give him another months and i am sure he will be all over the bed. Right now he sleeps in his crate right beside my bed....i have to keep my hand in his cage until he falls asleep otherwise he flips out and cries all night. He is a little bit of a BBBBIIIIIIGGGGGG baby  lol

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Lilly has free run of the house at night, but that is largely so that she may investigate the nioses my children make and alert me if need be.

Liz and Lilly

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
[quote="tootsie\";p=\"19526":28oq8adr]Maddie is with me, or shall I say Maddie shares her king size bed with me.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts