Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how much did everyones boxer weigh at around 10 weeks... i feel like dungy is small but idk.... i need something to compare to lol

G

·
0 Posts
Jetta at 10 weeks was about 11 lbs...give or take...but...she is pretty skinny

·
Registered
294 Posts
When we got Beckham at 8 weeks he was a hair over 8lbs, I think he was about 10lbs at 10weeks as well.
I swear he's getting bigger, but when we go to the vet/weigh him he's stuck at 42lbs @ almost 10 months.
Beckham is small for his age IMO but I like that he can still sit/lay on my lap and I can breath :)
As long as Dungy is happy and healthy there's really no 'normal' size weight for growing pups, they all grow at their own pace.

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i wanna give a number but idk his exact weight... he is w/ my bf right now cause i am at Vanderbilt to play in a soccer game and i wont see him till tomorrow and Drew my bf said that so far today he has ate a cup and a half and yesterday 3 cups of food... i just wanna make sure he is eating enough and getting bigger...

On his food bag it say that for his size when he gets older he should be eating 1 1/2 to 4 1/4 cups a food a day so he should be ok right lol... omg i have to be the biggest worry wart... This is my first weekend away from him and hopefully my last depending how we do tonight.

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
I'm sure Dungy will be fine.  Sounds like he is doing great and I wouldn't worry about putting weight on him.  I don't know what kind of food you are feeding him, but that sounds right for his age right now.  Good luck and try not to worry.  By the way, I love your new sig tag - Dungy's pictures are adorable - looks like a miniture Lilly!

·
Registered
663 Posts
Bo is 9 1/2 weeks old and weighs around 11 pounds.  That is by weighing myself, and then picking him up.  Don't know how accurate that is.  He looks skinny to me though.

·
Registered
381 Posts
I'm not sure about exactly 10 weeks but...

At 9 weeks Lola weighed 13lbs 9 oz
At 18 weeks she weighed 20lbs

I'm not sure weight at that age matters much as from some of the above responses Lola sounds like she was pretty big at that early age.  Oddly enough, she is a small boxer.  She weighed in at about 47-48lbs at 9 months and weighs about 51 at 1 year old.  She hasn't grown really at all the past 3-4 months.  I'm guessing she'll get to 55lbs and that's it.

G

·
0 Posts
wow...ringer was a huge puppy...Just got Jetta weighed...she is 15.8 at almost  14 weeks...vet says she is tiny for her age...while there we met a 100 lb male boxer...he was huge!

·
Registered
69 Posts
Dempsey weighed in at 9 pounds at 8 weeks when he came home, he is just 17 weeks old or a week over four months and is getting to be huge at a whopping 39 pounds, Thinking I might need to start looking for a second job in all my spare time to be able to feed him

·
Registered
610 Posts
Koa seems kinda like a little skinny guy.  He's was 10lbs at 9 weeks.  We just came back from the vet on Wednesday and he weighed in at 13.6lbs at 11 weeks.  He doesn't eat much and he doesn't scarf down his food either, maybe 2 cups a day at the most.  We try to give him a little peanut butter and treats during the day too.

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
k so we just weighed dungy and he is 8.5 lbs and will be 10 weeks sunday... that seems really skinny  :(

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
what ways can i get his weight up cause he is only 8.5 lbs and almost 10 weeks :(... i knew he seemed skinny when i got him :(

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
they had him on purina and i have been switching him to iams... he likes the iams better... i mean he eats about 2 to 3 cups of food a day

·
Registered
6,026 Posts
Iams has corn in it too.  I think he's just cute and little.  He'll grow and get bigger.  I think a better food would be more helpful.  There are several good (and affordable) foods out there.  Check the food section of this forum, there's a list of all the good ones (i think).  We feed Nutro Natural Choice Lamb and Rice.  It's a good food, no corn or meat by-products, and we get it at Tractor Supply Co. for $20/20 pounds.

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
Btw, don't using Ringer as a barometer for weight.  He's a big oaf and as a puppy is already larger than the standard for adults.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts