Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 10 week old boxer puppy, who is 10lbs, how much do i feed her? i am feeding her purina pro plan . i get from the vet.

is her weight normal?

i feed my other two boxers 4 cups each a day but i got them as adults.. never had a boxert pup before til now she is a white boxer

·
Registered
905 Posts
Hi Whorton

Feed amounts vary from brand to brand, so there's no real "magic amount" that I can tell you to give her.

However, there should be a feeding guide on the food itself that will tell you how much to feed her based on age on weight.

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Like Honeyec said, it really does vary as far as how much to feed. The premium foods like Canidae & Blue Buffalo you don't have to feed as much, but I used to feed my adults about that same amount. Samson is on a diet, so he doesn't get as much and I've just cut Angel's back a bit also..

As for the puppy weight...It's been soo long since I've had a puppy I really don't know what is about right. But I would think that can depend also... Your vet is the best judge of that....

To be honest Purina really isn't that good of food, vets will hype a certain brand, but it's generally cos they get a kickback from the manufacturer..Usually it's Science Diet that they hype..

This is a very useful site that reviews most of all the dog foods out there and has some pretty good info.
http://www.dogfoodanalysis.com/

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
what is the best puppy food to feed her then???

this is the first pup i had annd i want the best for her..

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
I feed mine Canidae Lamb and rice and they both love it..Blue Buffalo is also excellent, that you can get at most Petsmarts...Both of these use only human grade lamb and no corn!! That's the biggie...But that website I attached really goes into a lot more info..You can compare brands and hopefully you will be able to find something that you can get locally... :)

·
Registered
521 Posts
we have beckham on solid gold wolf cub puppy mix.  he loves it and its supposed to be one of the best out there apparently (don't they all say that? :) )

1 - 6 of 6 Posts