Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so i got Addie(2 years old) she was really skinny.ribs and hip bones showing and was eating 2 cups a day at foster's .i got her on satin balls for 2 weeks and upped her food to 4 and a half cups a day with occassional treats. I was told a friend that it may be a bit much so im planning to reduce that to 3 cups a day. Im just worried she will be too skinny again 馃槬 current pics attached

Attachments

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
A conversation I had with a very knowledgeable guy on here bte2.

I would say she looks great, and if you can feel her ribs right under her skin and the waist indents a little, you are ok. I think if you were feeding too much you might notice it out the back end. Loose stool and frequently.
thank you! i can still feel her ribs and she still has a tiny waist... with a small little stretch mark i just noticed lol. probably from the rapid weight gain. ill post a better pic of her when she was very thin. we got her dec 1st

Attachments

Registered
thank you! i can still feel her ribs and she still has a tiny waist... with a small little stretch mark i just noticed lol. probably from the rapid weight gain. ill post a better pic of her when she was very thin. we got her dec 1st

Ok is that the recent one? She looks a tad on the thin side. Definitely not over feeding her.

If she is gaining weight, you are on the right track. :cheers:

Registered
Discussion Starter #5
Ok is that the recent one? She looks a tad on the thin side. Definitely not over feeding her.

If she is gaining weight, you are on the right track. :cheers:

the last pic when i first got her . she had gained weight already :) i don't want her to be that scrawny again . also don't want her to be overweight.

Registered
Discussion Starter #9
She looks good now. What are you feeding her?
Thanks!Shes currently on rachel rays nutrish. I sometimes add some rice and unseasoned chicken or fish.im planning to switch to a better quality kibbles. Her treats are homemade peanutbutter and pumpkin cookies with flax seeds.

Registered
I think she is looking quite good from when you got her. Frankly if she is gaining and not having loose stool I would upset the apple cart as they say. I wouldn't necessarily change her food for some time and when you do do it gradually over 4 weeks using the 25/75 week one 50/50 week 2 and so forth if she has no problem. She obviously wasn't well fed before you got her so going to quick with higher quality more protein may upset her digestive system. I am really impressed with how well she is looking.

Registered
Discussion Starter #11
I think she is looking quite good from when you got her. Frankly if she is gaining and not having loose stool I would upset the apple cart as they say. I wouldn't necessarily change her food for some time and when you do do it gradually over 4 weeks using the 25/75 week one 50/50 week 2 and so forth if she has no problem. She obviously wasn't well fed
before you got her so going to quick with higher quality more protein may upset her digestive system. I am really impressed with how well she is looking.
Thanks! I was told by the foster that she was from an animal hoarder.probably the reason why shes aggressive to other animals which i am working on with her along with a trainer for her xoxo

1 - 11 of 11 Posts