Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok...I am just curious how much more growth I should expect from Bo..

He is almost 10 months old...weighs in around 45-46 lbs and needs to gain about 2-3 lbs to be healthy weight...How much more should he grow and at what rate.  I assume not nearly the rate as a small puppy like Jetta...

Also, how much more should Jetta who is 18 weeks old grow..Last I checked two weeks ago she was 23lbs...I heard something about double the 4 month weight? so that would put her about 46 lbs full grown?  Just curious

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
If you can look at the parents, that'd probably be the best way to find out.  I'm not convinced any of these formulas are any more accurate than just guessing though.  I mean boxers are generally around 50-70 pounds, any formula that comes out near that can be argued as being fool proof.  But the growth spurts just seem to come at such different times for different dogs, I don't really buy into all of that stuff.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
wow...so Jetta could end up being pretty big in spite of her rough start?  If I take that and triple it and substract or add 5 lbs...that is 63-73 lbs?  That is bigger than her dad....mom was 55, dad was 65...and I was hoping for a small boxer girl,lol

No idea about Bo's genes...when do they stop gaining height and length and just start to fill in?  He seems pretty tall to me...Haven't measured him yet...

·
Registered
4,661 Posts
Boxers grow up til about 12-18 months, then grow out from 18-24 months sometimes up to 3 yrs before the finally stop.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
wow, fiona's parents are very bulky!  Fiona is much cuter though!

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Like Andrea said, you can expect them to grow taller til about 18 mos, at that point, they start filling out...Metabolism also plays a role on this. Angel has a very fast metabolism versus Samson. She curns off calories a lot faster, so altho she has put on some weight since we got her(especially with the spay), she still  looks quite sleek...Samson, well, he's just my old man, lol, but he also has lost a few pounds as well.....

Looking at the parents can give you a key, but don't totally rely on that either....

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
Wow, Fiona's parents look great.  I am thinking that Kiah will be around 68lbs full grown so she will be about the same size as Fiona's mom.  Although most people guess her weight around 50lbs as she looks so slim but she is all muscle.

·
Registered
45 Posts
If I did the math right on zeus he would be around 100 lbs. Is that normal for a boxer? His parents were big but I didn't get their weight. He is not overweight and he stands from his shoulders about 17-18 in.

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
zuesesmom\";p=\"55672 said:
If I did the math right on zeus he would be around 100 lbs. Is that normal for a boxer? His parents were big but I didn't get their weight. He is not overweight and he stands from his shoulders about 17-18 in.
I believe the standard for a male is 55 to 65 lbs and 24" to 25" tall.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I have heard of larger boxers...i believe ekim is around 90 lbs...and I met a 100 lb male once...so it's possible...but..who knows

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
Odin will be 10 months old in a couple of days and weighs in between 63 - 65 lbs...

I was going to measure him but can't find it... and I don't remember what he was at last time.

We get posts like this a lot... but it just varies from boxer to boxer... there is a standard... but as you can see... on this forum alone... A LOT of them go over or even under... no REAL way of knowing till they're around 2 1/2 to 3 yrs old! :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts