Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Beckham is now at 11 weeks.  He seems to have a pretty healthy appetite (aside from the weird "fear of metal bowls" thing).  But I would say on average, he poops about 6 times a day.  In the morning it's very solid and pretty big, but by afternoon its pretty soft to very soft.  He is currently on Solid Gold Wolf Cub Large Breed formula, it came very recommended by a few boxer owners/breeders we know (also in the clear for pet recall).

I guess I'm just wondering how much pooping is too much?  Does this mean we should try a different kind for him? If so, we have two big bags to get rid of : :?

Any suggestions are welcome.  Thanks!

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
I'd say that's pretty normal for a pup his age..My 2 go 3 or 4 times daily as adults, so with a pup you would expect more.. :) And sometimes they also get a bit looser as the day goes on, esp if they have been playing a lot...

·
Registered
4,661 Posts
Well this may not be of much help, but Sasha is pooping roughly 2-3 times a day and she is at 3 months. Savannah will only poop once a day and it is usually in the evenings before bed. She is two though.

·
Registered
616 Posts
I think I remember reading somewhere that you are not supposed to feed them the large breed food since they are really a medium breed dog.  I think it has something to do with too much protein and it may not be good for their joints.  I used to feed mine the large breed food until I read up on it.  If I can find where I read that, I will post it.

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
:lol:  :lol:  That's funny!! I remember asking my vet the same question. "He is constantly pooping" "how many times a day should he be going?" "All he does is sleep, eat, and poop."
I think that sounds pretty normal at 11 weeks. He will start to get on a schedule. Maddie is 2 and she poops about 2-3 times a day.
What a lovely subject! Who would have thought we'd be discussing how many times our pups poop! 8O

1 - 10 of 10 Posts