Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are considering getting a boxer puppy in the fall to give our pug puppy a playmate. We only own about .5 acre (most of which is woods) and I have heard that boxers need alot of exercise to keep them out of trouble. We will be fencing a portion of our yard for our pug and are wondering how much/big a yard/area the boxer would need. There is a park nearby so taking for walks wouldn't be a problem...but we want to make sure he would have enough area to run around near the house. Many thanks.

Laura & Sean

·
Registered
494 Posts
IMO sounds like you will be fine, honestly as long as you give him/her enough excercise.  We live on less then a .5 acre and my two do just fine between walks, park, and boxer burn around the house.  Good Luck!! %%-

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
I agree, it's really not so much having a huge space but the fact that he uses it...Playtime is great, but walks use other muscles that playtime does not, so a balance of both is important...But not as a pup of course....A standard backyard is plenty for Boxers to run around in, especially if they have a buddy to play with :)

·
Registered
4,661 Posts
I agree with all above! We have three boxers and for the time being a husky puppy and between playing in our backyard and our 45-1hour nightly walks they are happy and healthy!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts