Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 6 month old boxer that weighs about 60 pounds. I also have a boxer that is 2 years old and weighs 60 pounds also. I was just wondering what the average weight of a 6 month old is? And when do Boxer's stop growing (as in will my 2 year old get any bigger?) Thank you! :)

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
My male finally stopped growing when he was 2...he weighs 72 pounds. As far as average weight...that depends....Britney, my 1 yr old, her father weighed 88 pounds....and Britney stands a head taller than both of my older boxers...

·
Registered
3,545 Posts
Welcome to BF! Your boxers are very cute!

My Laila was 38 lb at 6 months, 50 lb at 1 year, and now is 55 lb. I'm guessing she'll be about 60 when she's done filling out.

Do you know how much their parents weighed. That may give you a fairly good indication.

·
Registered
184 Posts
All puppies grow at different rates so it is hard to say. My Brody (he will be 3 on December 2nd) was 55 pounds at 6 months old. Now at almost-3 years, he weighs 57 pounds. He just grew fast as a puppy and stayed the same size since then (so don't assume that since your pup weighs 60 lbs now, he/she is going to gain another 10-15 pounds). Our Riley, 1 year old, weighed around 45 pounds at 6 months old, at one year he weighs in around 52 or so. He is taking longer to mature than Brody. It all depends on your pup and their parentage.

·
Registered
672 Posts
Monty is 6 and half months and was 49 lbs two weeks ago so he's probably around 51 or 52 lbs now.

His dad is 74 lbs and his mom about 60 so he still has more weight to gain.

·
Registered
64 Posts
At 1.5 years my boys was 60-65 pounds. I thought that was it, then Bam, he filled in, and is around 75-78

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ok thank you guys for all the information! Maybe he did just grow quick as a puppy but we just thought that it was weird since he is 6 months old and bigger than our 2 year old!

·
Registered
370 Posts
I think the #'s can be all over the place. Ranger just turned 7 months and was 57lbs when we weighed him on Thanksgiving. My guess by looking at his parents is that he'll probably fill up to about 70-75lbs max.

·
Premium Member
4,567 Posts
My very 1st boxer--fawn black mask female--filled till she reached 4.5 yrs old.

We used to walk for hours every damn day of the year all year round...I was constantly on the move,no car or bike,no TV to t-phone so she got 100% of my attention and we went everywhere together...if you invited me and didnt want to see beckie,its was too bad for you!

She was a wide and short 55lbs bundle of joy...she was born the last of the litter (8) and was dead upon entry on this planet,black and very very tiny (I saw her birth).

Sad thing is I dont have real pictures of her and I still miss her to this day.

Bottom line is the grow at their own rate!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Maya is just over 6 months now, and when I last weighed her she was 38 pounds... I think she has quite a bit of growing to do still, as her mom was around 65lbs, and her dad was in the 90's! :eek:

1 - 20 of 37 Posts