Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Maggie is 5 months old and she is 38 lbs. Her mom was about 65-70 lbs and dad was around 85 lbs. It's all in the bloodlines, like other posters have said look at mom and dad that should give you a basic expectation of what your pup is going to be.

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
I met Rally's sister from a previous breeding (she was a repeat with the sire and dam) She was almost 2 and 66lbs. She looked a tad overweight too. Carl and I had bets on 60-65 for her.
My boy was the runt of his litter and he's a solid 80lbs now.

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
I had to add this. Rally had a follow up appt yesterday and she's down to 37lbs. I had them make up little health folders with their histories in them. Octane was 35 lbs at 4 months old!!!! THIRTY-FIVE POUNDS! He's a solid 80 now.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Tyson is 27.5 lbs at 6 months. She is very skinny even though we feed her more than the recommended amount. She has panosteitis which she battles in and out and has times where she doesn't eat at all due to her not feeling well. We wanted to be on the smaller end of weight when we got her and who knows we may develop a new mini boxer breed.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Roxy was about 40 pounds at 6 months of age. The standard is from 50 to 75 pounds, so around that weight is probably what you should expect. Some breeders seem to want to breed way above the standard though and I've seen boxers up to 100 pounds.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Dave is also 40 lbs at 6 months old.

·
Registered
790 Posts
Tyson is just shy of 4 months and he is 27 lbs. His mother was 68 pounds and father 80 pounds. He is pretty tall and lanky right now but growing like a weed. We have him on raw diet and from everything I read it keeps their growth at a slower pace which is good for their joints. Not sure if this is actually true or not. Anyone else know?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Tyson is just shy of 4 months and he is 27 lbs. His mother was 68 pounds and father 80 pounds. He is pretty tall and lanky right now but growing like a weed. We have him on raw diet and from everything I read it keeps their growth at a slower pace which is good for their joints. Not sure if this is actually true or not. Anyone else know?
I'm not sure about the raw diet, but I have heard their calcium intake should be less as a puppy for joint issues.

·
Registered
3 Posts
5 month old boxer

My female boxer turns 5 months 1/14/2012 and yesterday she weighed in at 43.5 lbs. Im guessing she is going to be much larger then average. The vet told me Shelby is at ideal weight for her build.

·
Registered
230 Posts
at 5 months Zoe was 58 pounds. Now at 2 years old. she is 85 pounds and 25 inches tall some how she lost some weight she was at 90 pounds.

·
Registered
80 Posts
People are too concerned about their pups being underweight – the worst thing is to have overweight pups / young dogs – their bones are still soft and growing, they don’t need any extra weight.
A male German adult boxer will have between 73-77 pounds, they will be sleek and muscular, you should still be able to see the last 1-2 ribs – this is they way we want them, no extra weight.
Our male German boxer turned 7 months two days ago and has 47 pounds, this is perfect, he still has 6-7 months to get to the 73-77 pounds.
A six month old boxer at 65 pounds sound massive

21 - 37 of 37 Posts