Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

How often do you clean your boxers ears?

• Once a week

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Twice a week

• Three times a week

• Four times a week

• Five times a week

• Six times a week

• Every day

• Every two weeks

• Every three weeks

• Once a month

• Never

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With the other post about the cropped and uncropped ears and if cropped or uncropped is better, dirty wise, I'd like to know how often you clean your boxers ears. Maddie is floppy and I have to clean them 2-3 times a week. If I don't, let the itching begin! Buster was also floppy, but I only had to clean his about every two weeks. So, just out of curiosity how often do you clean your boxers ears?

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
I put once a month, but its probably a little longer then that

·
Registered
2,349 Posts
You're in Florida, more humidity.  Mine needs his cleaned once a week, generally, less or more depending on humidity. I am currently up in North Carolina and the humidity has been pretty low lately.  When in Florida or summer here is more like once a week or twice.  I like to use the herbal earwash, Nita's.  They don't seem to mind it so much and it smells nice and herbal.

Nano

It did seem like when I used to do ear crops I had less problem with the ear wax, but I had one go deaf and he had a lot of junk in his ear drum according to the vet.  This may have attributed to it, and he had cropped ears.

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
nano\";p=\"8654 said:
You're in Florida, more humidity.
Is that what it is?  :roll:

I guess that makes sense with the heat and humidity, more apt for bacteria to grow also?  :roll:

·
Registered
381 Posts
Lola is 7 months and I think I've wiped inside her ears about 4 times.  I look in there more often but there's typically never anything in there.  I think the vet cleaned them out when she got spayed at 6 months.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
I put once a week, especially during the summer.  Sometimes it's every other week because Charlie and now Sadie are indoors most of the time.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I know it sounds bad but never now.   We were cleaning them once a week but then she got a nasty ear infection because we were not only cleaning out the bad bacteria but also the good.  So the vet said to stop cleaning out her ears unless they needed it; visually seeing dirt or ick in there.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts